Which is better among RTX 2060s, RX5700 XT, RTX 2070

I am planning to get a gpu upgrade, but not sure which gpu will give a consistent performance without overheating 

pc specs-

i5 8400

B360M PRO VDH

16 gb 2400mhz ram

1080i 60hz

Just now, Dandapani108 said:

which gpu will give a consistent performance without overheating

What? no card is supposed to overheat and thermal performance depends on the cooler used rather than the graphical processing unit.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Djinnux said:

What are you upgrading from?

Gtx 1060 3gb

1 minute ago, Princess Luna said:

What? no card is supposed to overheat and thermal performance depends on the cooler used rather than the graphical processing unit.

No i was watching some youtube videos where they mentioned that Amd cards heat up more and sometimes fps drops because of it. 
Also amd cards generate more noise.

Honestly man all 3 cards you list are not a great deal different in performance.... Just buy whatever fits your build the best what you enjoy the look of and go for it.. None of them will have thermal issues... just determine best bang for the buck card that you like the looks of and go for it they aren't all that greatly different performance wise

No i was watching some youtube videos where they mentioned that Amd cards heat up more and sometimes fps drops because of it. 

Just the reference blower cards all the AIB models are fine 

What card? if you mean Reference vs Founders Edition than yeah but there a whole lot more other cards out there.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

RTX 2070 or RTX 2070Ti, and or there are RTX 2080Ti if can afford also in each won of those there are many.

That was probably the ones with a blower style cooler. Those are generally worse than the typical after market multi fan coolers. Those exist for all cards listed here and there are a lot of options.

3 minutes ago, Dandapani108 said:

It all depends on cooling,a card with good cooler will eliminate all of those problems.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I have the non S 2060 dual fan EVGA card in my i5 9400 and I am quite happy with it

Honestly right now in AIB land the Powercolor Red Devil and Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XTs probably have some of the best designed and coolest running coolers in the video card space as a whole and are awesome options.  If you can afford the red devil buy it its a sweet card.  I prefer the look of the Sapphire card being a little more understated and it has a very small advantage in driving more power to the core in its high performance bios preset but either of these cards will be a great upgrade if you have the money for it

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

It all depends on cooling,a card with good cooler will eliminate all of those problems.

I have one fan at the front and one in the back of the cabinet. 
thinking of installing one more in the front so total 2 at the front and one at the back. 
will this be sufficient?

I have one fan at the front and one in the back of the cabinet. 
thinking of installing one more in the front so total 2 at the front and one at the back. 
will this be sufficient?

This will make a difference for sure,

I will also recommend a Graphics card with 3 fans.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

20 minutes ago, Dandapani108 said:

My roommate has an R9 Fury, a very power hungry card. It only gets loud when you push it to the absolute limit

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

My roommate has an R9 Fury, a very power hungry card. It only gets loud when you push it to the absolute limit

^^^ My Vega FE got loud if I upped the fans to keep it at 75C, but it had a very nice sound profile so it wasn't bothersome. My Radeon VII on the stock cooler (I have it on water now) got load but again only when pushed. Those are also stock coolers btw, Nvidia's FE cards have been louder and hotter than AIBs as well, it's only the 2000 series that actually had pretty good ones. 

If you go with AIB cards then the heat and noise issues go out the window so long as you get a solid model. General models I'd reccomend: 
2060/2070: EVGA SC/XC/FTW, ASUS STRIX, MSI Gaming X and IIRC Duke. 
5700XT: MSI Gaming X is the nicest one, followed by the Sapphire Nitro+ and XFX Red Devil, the Sapphire Pulse is a solid budget option, IIRC Gigabyte has a good one as well. Look at HardwareUnboxed for these, they've reviewed pretty much every single 5700XT model on the market. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

30 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

^^^ My Vega FE got loud if I upped the fans to keep it at 75C, but it had a very nice sound profile so it wasn't bothersome. My Radeon VII on the stock cooler (I have it on water now) got load but again only when pushed. Those are also stock coolers btw, Nvidia's FE cards have been louder and hotter than AIBs as well, it's only the 2000 series that actually had pretty good ones. 

If you go with AIB cards then the heat and noise issues go out the window so long as you get a solid model. General models I'd reccomend: 
2060/2070: EVGA SC/XC/FTW, ASUS STRIX, MSI Gaming X and IIRC Duke. 
5700XT: MSI Gaming X is the nicest one, followed by the Sapphire Nitro+ and XFX Red Devil, the Sapphire Pulse is a solid budget option, IIRC Gigabyte has a good one as well. Look at HardwareUnboxed for these, they've reviewed pretty much every single 5700XT model on the market. 

Thank you very much !

I will go to the shop this Saturday and decide which one to get

Thank you every one !!

Just got the GIGABYTE RTX 2060 Super..., I'm happy with my upgrade...

Witcher 3 - 80 FPS avg.

AC Odyssey - 62 FPS avg.

Both games were at max. graphic settings.

2 hours ago, Dandapani108 said:

Just got the GIGABYTE RTX 2060 Super..., I'm happy with my upgrade...

Witcher 3 - 80 FPS avg.

AC Odyssey - 62 FPS avg.

Both games were at max. graphic settings.

That's awesome!

I mean, you are targeting 1080p60, so that card will last you a good while for that on high/ultra settings.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

18 hours ago, Jon Jon said:

That's awesome!

I mean, you are targeting 1080p60, so that card will last you a good while for that on high/ultra settings.

Hopefully yes,

but the temp is reaching upto 82 degrees...

so will have ti plan on buying another fan

2 hours ago, Dandapani108 said:

Hopefully yes,

but the temp is reaching upto 82 degrees...

so will have ti plan on buying another fan

You could enable vSync and set an FPS limit to also reduce the need of the card.

I don't consider 82C to be that hot at full load, but I am also used to running AMD cards where it isn't uncommon for them to run 75C-85C at full load (from my experience).

What is your fan layout in the case?

What CPU cooler are you using?

Some positive air pressure tweaks I think could reduce temperatures. 

Here is a good thread on Anandtech discussing your card:

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2060-super-max-temperatures.2567825/

It looks like this isn't that uncommon for the Gigabyte model, but it is within safe operating temperatures.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard