Help me pick a motherboard with good airflow between graphics cards

Hello,

I am trying to pick a motherboard for Intel 9900K. But I'm kinda lost since it's been ages I've built a PC..

I need a non-outdated board. Meaning a board from latest product line of the brand. But a popular, stable mainstream model..

At least 2xM.2 slots for RAID0..

I'm gonna use 2x2080Ti with NvLink.. But i heard graphics cards get very hot when they're too close to each other because of poor airflow.

What should I look for? Any motherboards you could suggest for using dual graphics card with less temprature problems?

--

Just now, Slottr said:

Why do you want two cards?

Umm.. better graphics, 4K gaming, higher FPS ??

6 minutes ago, noldor said:

Umm.. better graphics, 4K gaming, higher FPS ??

That kind of setup is redundant nowadays

Like 90% of modern games won't even think about utilizing a second gpu, so having it would end up being a waste of money. Your best bet is getting one 2080 super (Or 2080 ti if you think the extra 5-10fps is worth the 400$)

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

SLI is dead. Dont waste your Money. Serious. Dont do it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

14 minutes ago, Slottr said:

That kind of setup is redundant nowadays

Like 90% of modern games won't even think about utilizing a second gpu, so having it would end up being a waste of money. Your best bet is getting one 2080 super (Or 2080 ti if you think the extra 5-10fps is worth the 400$)

8 minutes ago, Praesi said:

SLI is dead. Dont waste your Money. Serious. Dont do it.

I see.. maybe i should search and learn more about this part if you guys say so..

Just happened to watch some random review videos telling they had 20-50% higher FPS with NV-Link.. Like this one here

I immediately started to plan i would do it without further reading about it.

Just now, noldor said:

Just happened to watch some random review videos telling they had 20-50% higher FPS with NV-Link.. Like this one here

Even if that is true in a supported game, is spending another $1100+ to gain a medium of like 30% performance increase worth it?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, noldor said:

I see.. maybe i should search and learn more about this part if you guys say so..

I immediately started to plan i would do it without further reading about it.

One 2080Ti will do the Job. Most Companies dont care about SLI anymore and dont support it. The Value even if, is very little and in many Games the Performanes even goes  in the opposite direction because it cant handle two GPU´s. Plus Microstutter ect. Cancel SLI from your Mind.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Even if that is true in a supported game, is spending another $1100+ to gain a medium of like 30% performance increase worth it?

If it's a game that easily reaches over 100fps, probably no... but with AAA games like Breakpoint, it might, since fps is lower. It would be like : 40 fps instead of 30.. 80 fps instead of 60.. 100+ fps instead of 80.. but just guessing here.. i should check actual benchmarks..

9 minutes ago, Praesi said:

One 2080Ti will do the Job. Most Companies dont care about SLI anymore and dont support it. The Value even if, is very little and in many Games the Performanes even goes  in the opposite direction because it cant handle two GPU´s. Plus Microstutter ect. Cancel SLI from your Mind.

SLI, NV-Link, same applies?? I never knew these graphics card bridges required to be actually implemented by the developers.. always thought it was just "plug in and merge the power" situation in hardware level..

6 minutes ago, noldor said:

SLI, NV-Link, same applies?? I never knew these graphics card bridges required to be actually implemented by the developers.. always thought it was just "plug in and merge the power" situation in hardware level..

Its not that simple. I know, you want a badass Riig with as many GPU´s a possible ;) But believe us. One powerfull GPU is what you want.

Speaking of wasting Money...dont buy Breakpoint.. Buy Wildlands.

Just now, Praesi said:

Its not that simple. I know, you want a badass Riig with as many GPU´s a possible ;) But believe us. One powerfull GPU is what you want.

Speaking of wasting Money...dont buy Breakpoint.. Buy Wildlands.

Too late mate :D got it, played it.. not happy with the game itself already.. and yet can't even play it with 30fps at 1080p.. playing it like in low settings and 1366x768.. i got very pissed off and decided to go for a new build.. just like the industry wants all us to do.. wildlands was much better.

1 minute ago, noldor said:

Too late mate :D got it, played it.. not happy with the game itself already.. and yet can't even play it with 30fps at 1080p.. playing it like in low settings and 1366x768.. i got very pissed off and decided to go for a new build.. just like the industry wants all us to do.. wildlands was much better.

I have 30h in it i no desire to play it further. Dumbed down unfinished Garbage. Very disappointing.

25 minutes ago, noldor said:

If it's a game that easily reaches over 100fps, probably no... but with AAA games like Breakpoint, it might, since fps is lower. It would be like : 40 fps instead of 30.. 80 fps instead of 60.. 100+ fps instead of 80.. but just guessing here.. i should check actual benchmarks..

Take it from somebody who knows from experience.  I have a rig with dual 2080 ti's.  The majority of the time during gaming, the secondary card is not even used.  I have like one or two games that use them both, but the games that use both cards are not the newest AAA games.  Just go with one card, unless you want to use dual GPUs for things like Folding@Home or some other application where extra GPU compute power is needed.  One 2080 ti will easily handle games with max settings greater than 95% of the time (probably closer to 100% in all actuality.)