Pc disconnecting from monitor

I built my new pc a couple of days ago and it started disconnecting from my monitor when I turn it on and leave it for about 30 minutes to an hour and in games its 10-15 minutes. My GPU idle temps are 40-50C and when I'm playing games its about 70-80C I checked my PSU it seems fine and my MOBO is also fine. I am using a HDMI (with 240hz monitor) because I don't have a DP just yet its coming later tomorrow. Its been happening for about 10 Hours now I'd say.

Specs are:

Zotac 1080 AMP edition

Ryzen 2700x

B450 Tomahawk

16GB DDR4 Ram

Alienware AW2518HF

Windows 10 PRO

Edited by ArtefytGee

you left out what monitor you have lol

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Download the newest drivers from Nvidia, remove the old drivers using display driver uninstaller, install the new drivers. If that doesn’t work try using another port on the monitor and your GPU. Double check the sleep settings in Windows and on your monitor. Some monitors have their own sleep state setting. If all of that fails and the DP cable yields the same problem try reseating your GPU in the PCI slot. Other than that you may need to RMA your card.

29 minutes ago, mxk said:

you left out what monitor you have lol

A Alienware AW2518HF

19 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

Download the newest drivers from Nvidia, remove the old drivers using display driver uninstaller, install the new drivers. If that doesn’t work try using another port on the monitor and your GPU. Double check the sleep settings in Windows and on your monitor. Some monitors have their own sleep state setting. If all of that fails and the DP cable yields the same problem try reseating your GPU in the PCI slot. Other than that you may need to RMA your card.

Will do! Thank you for the reply

4 minutes ago, ArtefytGee said:

Will do! Thank you for the reply

Sure, post back with an update.

3 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

I will update tomorrow when I get the display port.

40 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

So, I lowered my Hz on my monitor and changed the ports I'm  pretty sure its fixed.

For 240hz @1080p HDMI 2.0 is required. If you were using an old cable or the one provided with the monitor was of poor quality that could explain the issue. 

37 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

For 240hz @1080p HDMI 2.0 is required. If you were using an old cable or the one provided with the monitor was of poor quality that could explain the issue. 

I am using the one that Dell provided when I ordered my monitor. I thought you needed a 1.2 DP for 240hz 1080p?

It seems to only be happening on Fortnite every other games are fine. I can'y play duos or squads.