A hyperviser/bare metal host software for VM on Raspberry Pi 4

Is saw how good Rpi 4 performance got and my question if can I use 1 Rpi with proxmox or any bare metal host software(dont know how you say it properly).I need some Dockers for Pi-Hole,MC Server,Myb web server,DNS server and NAS(myb if possibe Xpenology).My sub-questions are:

1.I saw there is a 64bit kernal so can i do Windows apps or Windows itself.

2.If possible add more down the line to make a cluster like is possible on ESXi

Sorry for making everything so all around the place and not using the proper words.

I can't run a VM smooth on an AMD A6-7300. Don't think it will be anywhere near smooth on a Pi4

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

3 minutes ago, YouDontHaveToKnow said:

Is saw how good Rpi 4 performance got and my question if can I use 1 Rpi with proxmox or any bare metal host software(dont know how you say it properly).I need some Dockers for Pi-Hole,MC Server,Myb web server,DNS server and NAS(myb if possibe Xpenology)

No, Proxmox doesn't run on ARM-devices. Also, you can run Docker-containers under regular Linux just fine.

4 minutes ago, YouDontHaveToKnow said:

1.I saw there is a 64bit kernal so can i do Windows apps or Windows itself.

Only ARM-versions of Windows and Windows-app. Not x86/x64-stuff, unless you want to do emulation, but that'd be extremely slow.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

ok myb my idea to run windows and its crap.but could this be used for just a few Dockers and my goal is to use multiple but i dont have the money now.

Just now, WereCatf said:

No, Proxmox doesn't run on ARM-devices. Also, you can run Docker-containers under regular Linux just fine.

Only ARM-versions of Windows and Windows-app. Not x86/x64-stuff, unless you want to do emulation, but that'd be extremely slow.

what about clustering it?

5 minutes ago, YouDontHaveToKnow said:

what about clustering it?

Clustering would involve delegating certain 'tasks' to each rpi. Unfortunately, it would require a lot of coding and I'm not even sure it's possible with your scenario.

1 minute ago, steelo said:

Clustering would involve delegating certain 'tasks' to each rpi. Unfortunately, it would require a lot of coding and I'm not even sure it's possible with your scenario.

f

Docker, no problem. Install something easy to work with like raspbian, install docker and off you go.

Running full VM's, not going to happen. It can barely run an OS by itself.

I guess you can use something like portainer to manage containers on multiple raspberry pi's but I would get just 1 to start and see how far that gets you. Just get one with enough ram because 1 container itself doesn't need a lot, but as soon as you run multiple ones you need that ram.

Especially ram hungry ones like a minecraft server.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, samcool55 said:

Docker, no problem. Install something easy to work with like raspbian, install docker and off you go.

Running full VM's, not going to happen. It can barely run an OS by itself.

I guess you can use something like portainer to manage containers on multiple raspberry pi's but I would get just 1 to start and see how far that gets you. Just get one with enough ram because 1 container itself doesn't need a lot, but as soon as you run multiple ones you need that ram.

Especially ram hungry ones like a minecraft server.

yea my idea was a litle bit to ambicious but most things i have are Docker comatible so yea this is my final idea

On 10/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, YouDontHaveToKnow said:

yea me being tle lazy dumbass..5 seconds of google,booom my answear(unfortunatly cant expand the cluster but stil good idea for me)

https://howchoo.com/g/njy4zdm3mwy/how-to-run-a-raspberry-pi-cluster-with-docker-swarm

What do you want to do with the cluster? Like the article says, you can't run every application or game on multiple Pis like that, you can only use a cluster to run software that has been designed to be clustered. Games, for example, aren't.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.