The new Joker movie is so "dark" people are actually walking out

Flying Sausages
2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

This is bad? Go back to 1942

The people have grown weak

i really dont think this is about being weak or not

i think its about being disgusted, not frightened.

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

2 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

k dude, saying "yes hes was *nod*"

and citing comics and tv and dark knight rises is not an argument.

they show humanity, not a character profile you should be revolted by

thats the difference by real and not real, in reality, you are revolted by someone like the joker.

Citing primary source comics of a character that originated from comic books? Seems fishy to me chief! Nothing to see here!

You said, and I quote, "its the joker, rated R or not the joker has never been grotesque"

I proved you wrong, twice, and now you're changing your point. Not only are you changing your point you've made a point I can't even understand the end goal of saying.

Comic books show humanity but not a character profile? I thought the point of comic books was un-lifelike characters to be amazed/revolted/amused at? What do you think happens when you bring the darkest character of comic book history to film? What do you honestly expect? If you expected anything other than Joker, The Dark Knight Rises, the " the dark movie phase" as you called it, I'm not sure how blind you can be.

I also disagree with "people are clearly sick of the dark movie phase." Joker has grossed over $208 million in the US alone, and is Warners highest grossing film of the year. So I don't think that support people being sick of dark movies.

Also, I haven't seen Joker yet, seeing it this weekend, but I can tell you at no point have I thought of the jokers character and been revolted. Mind you, if I was I would be a horrid prosecutor, but thats beyond the point.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Just now, SenKa said:

Citing primary source comics of a character that originated from comic books? Seems fishy to me chief! Nothing to see here!

You said, and I quote, "its the joker, rated R or not the joker has never been grotesque"

I proved you wrong, twice, and now you're changing your point. Not only are you changing your point you've made a point I can't even understand the end goal of saying.

Comic books show humanity but not a character profile? I thought the point of comic books was un-lifelike characters to be amazed/revolted/amused at? What do you think happens when you bring the darkest character of comic book history to film? What do you honestly expect? If you expected anything other than Joker, The Dark Knight Rises, the " the dark movie phase" as you called it, I'm not sure how blind you can be.

I also disagree with "people are clearly sick of the dark movie phase." Joker has grossed over $208 million in the US alone, and is Warners highest grossing film of the year. So I don't think that support people being sick of dark movies.

Also, I haven't seen Joker yet, seeing it this weekend, but I can tell you at no point have I thought of the jokers character and been revolted. Mind you, if I was I would be a horrid prosecutor, but thats beyond the point.

tl;dr

if you are going to cite comics, you go find the instances and present them.

11 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

Are we forgetting “bombing a hospital”?

E4A3BF55-E5B1-401E-9604-2888B12B02E8.gif.bc8e957bd26bdf91c5f57df6ac328ec3.gif

Fun fact about this scene, the movie from this point on was basically rewritten because Heath decided to mess with the detonator instead of just pressing it once like he was supposed to.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

Just now, RelativeMono said:

tl;dr

if you are going to cite comics, you go find the instances and present them.

Trigger Warning/Disclaimer/Whatever The Cool Kids Call It These Days Theres Fucked Shit Ahead Warning.

https://www.ranker.com/list/gory-moments-jokers-comic-history/jeffrichard

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, SenKa said:

Trigger Warning/Disclaimer/Whatever The Cool Kids Call It These Days Theres Fucked Shit Ahead Warning.

https://www.ranker.com/list/gory-moments-jokers-comic-history/jeffrichard

all modern joker

and even still theyre cartoony, mostly, save for the "really modern" ones

modern comics are trash though.

99% of the characters shouldnt be rebooted.

because theyre stale and they try to push boundries or be extreme to get people to read them

because theyre dead

23 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

all modern joker

1988=Modern???

2 off the list were from 1988, and The Dark Knight Returns is from 1986.

25 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

because theyre stale and they try to push boundries or be extreme to get people to read them

Only speaking to the Joker, because not only is that the conversation, I don't really read comics and really only keep up with his character arc: Joker has always pushed boundaries and been extreme, thats the point.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 hours ago, OlympicAssEater said:

I didn't watch the new Joker movie, but I did watch the Dark Knight Rises movie and the Joker actor in that movie is really good.

Two very different actors, Jokers portrayals, and plots, my friend.

2019 Joker is far more dark, having seen it literally less than 12 hours ago. It is as dark as it seems and did emphasise on mental illness as much as it did.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

See, it's a box hit because of the controversy.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

the far left is literaly all people suffering from mental illness , and that particular subset of humOns is the most easily triggered, and antisocial media gives everyone a voice now .  the movie isnt not nearly as dark as they complaining about..... but it is quite entertaining though. I would pay to see it again. 

I thought the movie was fine, all these snowflakes calling it to be banned should probably double-check the R18 rating and what it means.

You were warned about it, you still bought tickets and went in, so thats your ****ing problem then

Also come on, its the Joker, if its a backstory of one of the most batshit insane characters in DC of course its gonna be pretty dark and grotesque. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

I for 1 ( and for 2 on some days when the voice wont stop ) am glad D.C is getting back to its darker roots. Its always been the more grity "grown up" of the big 2. and thats the way i like it

6 hours ago, SlimyPython said:

but didnt they realise that this is R-18+, what the hell did they expect from this movie

25 minutes ago, BigRom said:

all these snowflakes calling it to be banned should probably double-check the R18 rating and what it means

lol what?

its FSK16 here in europe ^^ so that would be "PG-16" if that existed

anyhow, yes the movie was dark, but because what happens to Arthur Fleck, because what is done to him, not because of what he does.

going to see it a third time this weekend. this time finally in english.

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

Haha, oy. I can't wait to see this movie. I'm glad they made it dark, and psychotic, as it should be.

6 hours ago, RelativeMono said:

i really dont think this is about being weak or not

i think its about being disgusted, not frightened.

So be disgusted and don't watch it...but don't bitch about it saying that's not how it should be. Not everything is made to appease everyone. It can't be, and shouldn't be tried. It's just like comedy; if you can't offend anyone, then it simply doesn't work.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

now that the thread's here, why do we need a second one? ._.

I tend to agree. Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv