OnePlus 7T OR ROG Phone 2

Aristotle2019
Go to solution Solved by Tarun10,
8 hours ago, Aristotle2019 said:

Precisely. The price will drop. And I don't mind not having too many of the new features that come out.

By then, there will be better phones at their current price range. But at the price they go down to ? 

I'd suggest waiting around till you're going to buy and asking this question then. Noone knows for sure what tech companies have up their sleeves and these days brand new 350$ phones are a better value than two gen old flagships.

I will be buying these phones in around 6 months time, but that doesn't matter, I have time to choose but I'd rather have it a done deal now. I've been contemplating for quite some time. 

I'm into both for a 90Hz screen, I don't value anything over smoothness in display. 

The OnePlus 7T has a much much better rear camera experience with the macro pictures and better night mode and microphone. They have much more experience than Asus, after all. Front camera is not a big deal because I'm not into selfies and I'm pretty sure both will get by, but even there, 7T does has some better quality. They also have a much faster on display fingerprint scanner. 

I've seen all reviewers condemn the slower scanner of the Asus, and it really bugs me because these are my choices for the smoothness and fluidity but the slower unlocking kills it. 

On the other hand, I consume a lot of media content. At one point, I will have at least one season of two different television shows offline on my phone and I watch quite a lot. Here, the much much larger battery of the Asus is really attractive. Both have fast charging anyway. The Asus also has much better in built speakers (it's meant for gaming after all) and I barely use my headphones (I will switch to wireless ones when I make the switch to either of these two phones ) during media consumption. I also watch multiple YouTube videos daily when the new uploads come in. 

On the wireless headphone part, the choice isn't final but I will be using a long lasting Bluetooth neckband in ear earphones so the extra battery helps in the Asus.

Looks? Personally, I love both. The 7T's round camera cutout and the lovely blue shade may not appeal to all, but I'm ready to choose that over even the 7T Pro. Yes, it may get scratches, but I will go for a protective cover anyway. The Asus has RGB, which again, appeals to me. It's literally like nothing else and. Call me childish :P but looks isn't a factor after all here in these two phones. 

So yeah. 

Camera. 90Hz. Fast unlock. 

Vs 

RGB. 120Hz. Speakers. Battery. 

The Qndroid on both - OxygenOS and ROG UI -isn't a major deal either. Neither does the fact that 7T comes with Android 10 from before, because obviously Asus will send an update. Even if they don't (which won't happen) it's all right. 

Thanks for any input. :)

It does matter. In 6 months we'll have 30 or 40 new phones to choose from. It's kind of pointless to say these are the best choices right now.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

In 6 months you'll have more new phones with 90Hz displays even the OnePlus 8. If you still want to pick between these phones look at the cheaper option. You probably won't use all the ROG features and the OnePlus will drop in price when the 8 comes out.

Precisely. The price will drop. And I don't mind not having too many of the new features that come out.

By then, there will be better phones at their current price range. But at the price they go down to ? 

51 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

won't use all the ROG features

All the software drama is stupid. It's mostly the hardware. 

8 hours ago, Aristotle2019 said:

I'd suggest waiting around till you're going to buy and asking this question then. Noone knows for sure what tech companies have up their sleeves and these days brand new 350$ phones are a better value than two gen old flagships.

10 hours ago, Tarun10 said:

Oh ok.. u make sense. That's right and wiser to do. Thanksss.