Fear to buy an AMD vga again

ReadyPlayerOne
9 hours ago, pstarlord said:

@JoostinOnline

My Vega 56, nor my 5700xt have ever had problems with Nier.  

Oh please, that game couldn't even do proper full screen without a Special K injection.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

On 10/15/2019 at 12:37 PM, JoostinOnline said:

The stuttering is likely your monitor falling out of sync with the framerate then.

This is why I usually don't recommended 144hz monitors. If you're sensitive to stutters, then the only way to get a decent experience is by having a steady 144fps.   Try setting it to 60hz and enabling V-Sync.

I tryed but seems my monitor is not happy when i set it at lower hz, because when some game start it have weird artifact i don't have  at 144hz.

I'm playing at shadow awakening, it goes almost full fps because this game is pretty light, but sometime this game stutter too, i tryed also to limiting fps to 140 or even 60 but it stutter anyway, more than far cry new dawn that is more demanding, the only game i played that do not suffer from stuttering is metro redux 2033

At this point i really don't know what to do

1 hour ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

I tryed but seems my monitor is not happy when i set it at lower hz, because when some game start it have weird artifact i don't have  at 144hz.

I'm playing at shadow awakening, it goes almost full fps because this game is pretty light, but sometime this game stutter too, i tryed also to limiting fps to 140 or even 60 but it stutter anyway, more than far cry new dawn that is more demanding, the only game i played that do not suffer from stuttering is metro redux 2033

Radeon Settings > Display > Specs > Override > Adjust Voltage Swing/Adjust PreEmphasis

Try adjusting those settings. Are you using DisplayPort or HDMI? Try using a different cable.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

38 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Radeon Settings > Display > Specs > Override > Adjust Voltage Swing/Adjust PreEmphasis

Try adjusting those settings. Are you using DisplayPort or HDMI? Try using a different cable.

These 2 values are at 0 should i switch them to something else? i can set 0, 1 or 2

I'm using dp, i've already tried HDMI but that's the same

3 hours ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

Set it to 60hz, enable V-Sync, no frame limit. It sounds like you're getting tearing.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

Set it to 60hz, enable V-Sync, no frame limit. It sounds like you're getting tearing.

Done but it's almost the same

Ryzen 5 2600 @4.2GHz

G.Skill RGB Trident 16GB @2133MHz (LOL)

Sapphire Rx 590 Nitro+ 8GB

MSI X470 Gaming Plus

Playing Gears 5 in 4K 40-60FPS on a 43in 4K TV because I don't own a monitor @60hz

image.png.13676648f4ab6c3be8bc36f99df9dc14.png

image.png.b868b65e8ca700f4d614cb4562a3c9da.png

image.thumb.png.7406e652db5796966543b46a035a9ed8.png

5 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

How is it different?

The stutter seem more quick to leave

13 hours ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

These 2 values are at 0 should i switch them to something else? i can set 0, 1 or 2

I'm using dp, i've already tried HDMI but that's the same

Yes, try setting to 1 on the voltage swing first. See if that stabilizes anything. 2 if it doesn't. If it still doesn't fix it, set it back to 0 and try the same with preemphasis. If THAT still does nothing, try both preemphasis settings with the voltage swing at 1 and 2. If none of that works, try another DP cable. These are basically the same symptoms I had when I installed my brother's RX 580, and used the DP cable included with the monitor. The only true fix was a new cable, and that removed the requirement for the adjustments I'm suggesting.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

15 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Yes, try setting to 1 on the voltage swing first. See if that stabilizes anything. 2 if it doesn't. If it still doesn't fix it, set it back to 0 and try the same with preemphasis. If THAT still does nothing, try both preemphasis settings with the voltage swing at 1 and 2. If none of that works, try another DP cable. These are basically the same symptoms I had when I installed my brother's RX 580, and used the DP cable included with the monitor. The only true fix was a new cable, and that removed the requirement for the adjustments I'm suggesting.

I will try it thanks.

With your brother pc you fixed first setting this 2 value, and then you restored to 0 and used another DP cable?

2 minutes ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

I will try it thanks.

With your brother pc you fixed first setting this 2 value, and then you restored to 0 and used another DP cable?

Yes. I had to wait a week for the cable to come in, so I used these settings as a stop-gap measure. I don't recommend using them long-term.

10 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Yes. I had to wait a week for the cable to come in, so I used these settings as a stop-gap measure. I don't recommend using them long-term.

I had an aftermarket hdmi 2.0 cable and i've tryed with monitor at 60hz with and without v-sync but the issue it's still there

edit: i also tryed another monitor with 60hz standard panel tryed with and without v-sync and that's the same

3 hours ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

Surfing the web i'm reading the issue could be on ryzen cpu ?

Not sure how, unless there's some hardware instability, or a bad driver.

Silly ask, but going back to the beginning of the thread, it doesn't seem like you installed the AMD chipset drivers, just the video card drivers.

I suggest you install the latest of those, and let us know if that helps.

I could see odd stuttering occurring without them, especially with the Ryzen specific tweaks in the most recent Windows 10 patch.

Another curiosity is the Crucial SSD. I do see stuttering here and there when using my 7200RPM HDDs for gaming, so I typically just run more demanding games on my M.2

I wonder what the read/write speeds are on that SSD, and if that is causing you to stutter in specific games.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

1 hour ago, Jon Jon said:

Silly ask, but going back to the beginning of the thread, it doesn't seem like you installed the AMD chipset drivers, just the video card drivers.

I suggest you install the latest of those, and let us know if that helps.

I could see odd stuttering occurring without them, especially with the Ryzen specific tweaks in the most recent Windows 10 patch.

Another curiosity is the Crucial SSD. I do see stuttering here and there when using my 7200RPM HDDs for gaming, so I typically just run more demanding games on my M.2

I wonder what the read/write speeds are on that SSD, and if that is causing you to stutter in specific games.

Thank you for joining the discussion

This is the download section of my mobo

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M%20Pro4/#Download

I see there is not amd chipsed drivers, but just the amd vga driver. Do i miss something?

The r/w speed of ssd are normal as it should be nothing more nothing less, the model of this ssd is bx500, not the best one i know, i've just noticed it slow down games alot when i.e. steam will update games while i play, but that's fine, i will upgrade with an m.2 next year, i don't think my issue is related to him

Just a little update, it's pretty soon to be sure, but as suggested somewhere on web, disabling things on bios like opcache cstate0 pstate1 and other cpu related stuff, had reduced a lot my microstutter, now they will drop faster and with less gap than before

Anyway i'm interested about amd chipset driver, because i think it's a problem if it is something different from amd gpu driver, i mean i don't see them in the download page

1 minute ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

Thank you for joining the discussion

This is the download section of my mobo

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/#Download

I see there is not amd chipsed drivers, but just the amd vga driver. Do i miss something?

The r/w speed of ssd are normal as it should be nothing more nothing less, the model of this ssd is bx500, not the best one i know, i've just noticed it slow down games alot when i.e. steam will update games while i play, but that's fine, i will upgrade with an m.2 next year, i don't think my issue is related to him

Just a little update, it's pretty soon to be sure, but as suggested somewhere on web, disabling things on bios like opcache cstate0 pstate1 and other cpu related stuff, had reduced a lot my microstutter, now they will drop faster and with less gap than before

Anyway i'm interested about amd chipset driver, because i think it's a problem if it is something different from amd gpu driver, i mean i don't see them in the download page

Please go to AMD directly and download the latest chipset drivers. Also download the latest video card drivers from AMD.

Depending on the game, HDD performance will cause stutters

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

19 minutes ago, Jon Jon said:

Please go to AMD directly and download the latest chipset drivers. Also download the latest video card drivers from AMD.

I'm downloading it thanks

1 hour ago, Jon Jon said:

I've downloaded both latest gpu driver and chipset, i've DDU the oldest driver in safe mode, than i've installed newest one and the chipset, but the microstutter it's still there