3700x vs i5 8600 in gaming

name66

hello, would there be a significant difference between i5 8600 (non k) and ryzen 3700x in gaming on 1440p 144hz screen ? I just bought 3700x and i am not that happy with it, for my work (photo editing) there is almost no difference, also Dark Rock Pro 4 is noiser on this cpu, when i built i9 9900K with this cooler for a friend it was pretty quiet, i feel like bios still isnt that polished (tried all the versions , best seem to be the oldest one). + startup is pretty long no matter what bios version. So i guess i would like to return this pc with 3700x and keep my i5 8600 ( which i alrady have in pc for mobile photobooth), and upgrade to future intels. What difference in gaming would i see ? My gpu is Gtx 1080ti, soon rtx 2080ti. THX

No keep the 3700X

Remember this is still early days for the Ryzen 3000 series and AMD is coming out with some microcode updates here soon.

I mean the 3700X will still be good at photo editing and perhaps the microcode update will help solve your issues.

Also the fan being noisy may have something to do with not having the software for your fan controller.

What motherboard do you have?

What memory kit?

Perhaps a bios update will help.

I mean you just got this system, give it a chance.

The 3700X is a great processor and it would be a shame to ditch it so early.

Stability will come and if this is a fresh brand new system then yes maybe upgrading the bios will help.

Besides the upgrade to the intel system will still be a bit of a dead end if you dont have a overclocking ready motherboard.