Need New Games!

Fuzzleworth1

So I just started my first semester of college and it turns out I have alot more free time then I thought I did, even with my homework done and socializing constantly. I've played Overwatch and Forza horizon 4 to death and need something new to try. I would prefer then to be pretty cheap or free (as I am a poor college kid).

Thanks in advance!

CPU: Intel I5-7500 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML240

Motherboard: ASRock B250M PRO 4

Memory: 16GB Patriot Viper Elite

Gpu: Asus Dual 1060 3GB

Storage: Corsair 120GB M.2 NVME

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

1TB WD Blue

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+Bronze

Case: Phanteks P350X

Monitors: HP Omen 25in 144hz

and some 25in Acer

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX RGB

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro

Headphones= VModa Crossfade Wireless(but used wired)

Speakers: Some janky speakers I jerry-rigged

6 minutes ago, Fuzzleworth1 said:

So I just started my first semester of college and it turns out I have alot more free time then I thought I did, even with my homework done and socializing constantly. I've played Overwatch and Forza horizon 4 to death and need something new to try. I would prefer then to be pretty cheap or free (as I am a poor college kid).

Thanks in advance!

My favorite games that are cheaper are terraria and mount and blade warband. Both are highly rated and provided me with hundreds of hours of entertainment. 

Do you like singleplayer games? You didn't specify any specific genre. If so here are some crazy fun ones you can put a lot of time into.

Skyrim: Special Edition (Newer, 64bit includes all the DLC) - $12.49 on CDKeys.com

Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition (Includes all DLC) - $12.49 on CDKeys.com

Grand Theft Auto 5 (Has some fun multiplayer as well) - $12.49 on CDKeys.com

I know you said cheap games but Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out for PC in November for $60, the story is fantastic and the multiplayer is pretty fun too.

Edited to CDKeys prices.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

CSGO has a virtually un-reachable skill limit, its free (I'd reccommend buying it for better matchmaking), and can drain tons of hours of your time. 

@SpookyCitrus Skyrim looks really good! When you buy the game is it a steam key or a download? The price is also in euros if that means anything.

CPU: Intel I5-7500 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML240

Motherboard: ASRock B250M PRO 4

Memory: 16GB Patriot Viper Elite

Gpu: Asus Dual 1060 3GB

Storage: Corsair 120GB M.2 NVME

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

1TB WD Blue

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+Bronze

Case: Phanteks P350X

Monitors: HP Omen 25in 144hz

and some 25in Acer

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX RGB

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro

Headphones= VModa Crossfade Wireless(but used wired)

Speakers: Some janky speakers I jerry-rigged

17 hours ago, Fuzzleworth1 said:

@SpookyCitrus Skyrim looks really good! When you buy the game is it a steam key or a download? The price is also in euros if that means anything.

As long as it says steam key GLOBAL in the title then it will be a steam key and activate-able in every region just make sure the region is global as some keys are for Europe or other countries and won't work in the US.

Here's a link for a Steam key global.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-v-5-skyrim-special-edition-pc-steam-cd-key

Edited to a CDKeys.com link.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Warframe is probably the best Free To Play game I've played. The premium currency (Platinum) you can either buy with IRL money, or wheel-and-deal blueprints (parts of weapons/frames) to earn Platinum. You can do everything without spending a dime IRL, and the timed restriction is at most 3 days when building blueprints. But in those 3 days, you'll be leveling up your weapons/Warframes. The biggest restriction you will hit in the early game is not enough weapon/frame slots, but most weapons you'll end up discarding after max leveling them anyways. And the community is probably one of the nicest towards new players.

If you like Skyrim, Fallout 4 is the pretty much the same, but post-apocalyptic America.

Contrast is a low-action puzzle-type of story game.

Earthfall (or Left4Dead) are 4-player co-op mass-enemy shooters. Earthfall is aliens, Left4Dead and its sequel is zombies.

Epistory is a fun little typing game with a cute story. If you ever had fun doing those speed-typing tests when you were learning, this is an evolution to that type of game.

Hellblade is a narrative journey that is absolutely gorgeous, an incredible audio experience, and apparently showcases some accurate portrayals of psychosis.

Lethal League Blaze is a fun, quick-time-killer, dodge-ball-style game, with aesthetics similar to Jet Set Radio (cel-shaded animation style). Very easy to pick up, very hard to master.

Neverwinter is a D&D MMO, that is also Free-To-Play, I think? It's been a minute since I played it, and I don't remember much except its fun with friends.

Portal 1 and 2 are some fun puzzler types with a great story, and they aren't too long. They usually go on sale.

Rocket League is soccer, basketball, or hockey. But with RC cars. Its surprisingly fun, and a good time-killer.

Valley is a short game with a good story and fun gameplay. The visuals are really good, too.

Edited by The1Dickens
Adding more suggestions
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

I've sunk a ton of hours into Oxygen not Included. Aside from the bugs, I could call it the perfect game for me.

Warframe is free

Rainbow six siege is an alternative to counter strike. Siege has 8 rounds of multiplayer typically while CS has around i think 15 or 16, so matches in CS are much longer. 

Best free titles I can think of are LoL, DotA 2, CS:GO, Warframe, heard Destiny 2 went F2P recently, 2 of my coellagues play Path of Exile and both recommend it (although I heard it drains shitload of time), good old TF2, and finally I've had a ton of fun in the past playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory but don't know what's with this game right now.

10 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Do you like singleplayer games? You didn't specify any specific genre. If so here are some crazy fun ones you can put a lot of time into.

Skyrim: Special Edition (Newer, 64bit includes all the DLC) - $11.89 on G2A.com

Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition (Includes all DLC) - $11.89 on G2A.com

Grand Theft Auto 5 (Has some fun multiplayer as well) - $12.90 on G2A.com

I know you said cheap games but Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out for PC in November for $60, the story is fantastic and the multiplayer is pretty fun too.

Don't recommend G2A. That's literally worse than piracy. Lots of the keys are bought using stolen credit cards.

Humble Bundle and CDKeys are legitimate sites you can buy from if you're willing to sacrifice the return policy for a discount.

On topic, the Mass Effect trilogy is perfect if you're looking for an enjoyable action RPG that still runs and looks great. It's got a crap ton of replayability, since your decisions in the first two games have major implications on the third.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

since your decisions in the first two games have major implications on the third.

Like, really?! It's a running joke in the community, you've got to be trolling :D.

5 minutes ago, Soag said:

Like, really?! It's a running joke in the community, you've got to be trolling :D.

No, I'm not. Just because the decisions didn't affect the very end doesn't mean they didn't have massive impacts on everything else.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Destiny 2 gets a solid recommendation. There's a LOT to play for free. After you spend the many hours getting through the free content, you can shovel up the dough for the expansions, which don't cost as much as a brand new game and add a lot to it.

ALSO Star Wars Battlefront 2 gets an easy recommendation. It's often on sale and they've been adding stuff to the game like crazy. It's a stunning looking game and honestly quite fun. The story is pretty alright too. Not the best, but a neat take as it's kinda like a civil war in the empire.

RTX 2080 Founders Edition | Ryzen 7 2700x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RTX ALL the things!

7 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Don't recommend G2A. That's literally worse than piracy. Lots of the keys are bought using stolen credit cards.

Humble Bundle and CDKeys are legitimate sites you can buy from if you're willing to sacrifice the return policy for a discount.

I didn't know that, I've bought a few older games from G2A and never had a problem. Literally everyone I know uses G2A. Either way I'll change it to CDKeys instead, if G2A really is a problem.

6 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I didn't know that, I've bought a few older games from G2A and never had a problem. Literally everyone I know uses G2A. Either way I'll change it to CDKeys instead, if G2A really is a problem.

No worries, lots of people don't know it. Earlier this year it was made a little more public when developers spoke out against it, but since G2A isn't technically doing anything illegal, they continue to exist:

https://www.pcgamer.com/developers-tell-people-to-pirate-their-games-instead-of-using-g2a/

• 7 months later...

Mindustry - it's practically free game, but you can support the creator if you want - in Steam it is only 5€.

Again - you can download it for free.

I edit my posts more often than not

On 10/10/2019 at 9:41 AM, DemonicTaco said:

Destiny 2 gets a solid recommendation. There's a LOT to play for free. After you spend the many hours getting through the free content, you can shovel up the dough for the expansions, which don't cost as much as a brand new game and add a lot to it.

Not really. You don't access to most raids, expansions, strikes, and whatnot that runs out after a measly 150 hours. Most of that time is spent getting pinnacle weapons because you ran out of stuff to do. Once you get the pinnacle weapon you so like Bungie nerfs it to oblivion because like blizzard they don't know how to balance there game. If you wan't to play pvp meta you need those forsaken/shadowkeep strikes not to mention that the game is shitful of cheaters last I played. There is an expansion every 3 months for 10 dollars plus the yearly 35 dollar expansion. So if you wan't to play the game its 70 dollars per year not counting the intial cost of buying all the old expansions not to mention that the last ones i've played season of the worthy was just boring and grindy.  So in now way shape or form would I ever recommend destiny 2 to a sane person right now.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

*** Thread locked ***

Please leave old threads to die in piece.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv