Digital Audio Player around 500 USD..

zrmaxwell

What are my options? I am most likely getting a phone without a headphone jack and i don't wanna be tied to an adapter when i go out and about.. 

I don't care if it runs android or a custom operating system..

Buy a MP3

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

6 hours ago, zrmaxwell said:

Digital audio players is the fancy term audiophiles like to call MP3 players..

I recommend the shanling M6 at $499 or iBasso DX160 at $469

9 hours ago, zrmaxwell said:

What are my options? I am most likely getting a phone without a headphone jack and i don't wanna be tied to an adapter when i go out and about.. 

I would look at a sony A100 walkman, lot's of battery life and feature's. Also support's plenty of formats and resolution's up to DSD.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/walkman/nw-a100-series#features_benefits_35607496595930691371079843

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

20 hours ago, zrmaxwell said:

I use a fiio ubtr and connect with Spotify through Bluetooth to listen to my iems when I'm out and about a nice cheap alternative.

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

I use a fiio ubtr and connect with Spotify through Bluetooth to listen to my iems when I'm out and about a nice cheap alternative.

yeah it is affordable but do you experience any lag or latency with music when using the ubtr?

43 minutes ago, zrmaxwell said:

yeah it is affordable but do you experience any lag or latency with music when using the ubtr?

not that I notice only when I forget  my phone in a room and I get like 2 walls away but since your budget is so high and want to use another device anyway why not get a second phone? I mean like getting a lg g7 tinq which is like $300 and is apretty waesome device with the super clean quad DAC and strap it on t an amp if you want extra power. ou can get all the features and advantages with running on android  with a competent chipset unlike a ton of DAPs which are pretty bad  software wise TB. like alot of the UI is often laggy and feels like a device made in the early android days

21 hours ago, rice guru said:

not that I notice only when I forget  my phone in a room and I get like 2 walls away but since your budget is so high and want to use another device anyway why not get a second phone? I mean like getting a lg g7 tinq which is like $300 and is apretty waesome device with the super clean quad DAC and strap it on t an amp if you want extra power. ou can get all the features and advantages with running on android  with a competent chipset unlike a ton of DAPs which are pretty bad  software wise TB. like alot of the UI is often laggy and feels like a device made in the early android days

I've decided to just get a bluetooth adapter like the fiio btr3 or btr5 and connect my phone (when i purchase a new one) to it.. Yeah, it will be a pain to charge two items but its better than having a UI be buggy and laggy on a Digital Audio Player like you said..

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

13 hours ago, zrmaxwell said:

I've decided to just get a bluetooth adapter like the fiio btr3 or btr5 and connect my phone (when i purchase a new one) to it.. Yeah, it will be a pain to charge two items but its better than having a UI be buggy and laggy on a Digital Audio Player like you said..

Fiio BTR5 is good for connect phone and BRT5 will be shipping from next week. Shanling UP4 is good also.