i7 9700 not running at full turbo frequency?

Hi, 

Yesterday i bought i7 9700 and paired it with GIGABYTE b360m board. 

I know that the all 8 cores runs @4.5ghz, I did what i did with my previous i5 8500 which all cores were locked at 3.9ghz, changing bios cores speed to max, and or disabling intel turbo boost. 

but on this i7 9700 i cant make them run @4.5ghz! they are running at 4.4ghz.

I installed intel xtu and played around with no luck, increased wattage gave additional performance, but what is iccmax? should i increase it? 

can you advise what to do or change? 

cinbench r15 score is 1490

IMG_20191007_071906.jpg

IMG_20191007_071925.jpg

IMG_20191007_071943.jpg

IMG_20191007_072006.jpg

@Khader87 Looks like you're hiiting your power limit for your board VRM, maybe you can attach some cooling fan to cool it directly?

Well shit on fire, you need to attack heatsink and give VRM direct airflow, I don't think your motherboard likes what are you doing :D

The mobo is kinda poor for this cpu, did you update it?

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

1 hour ago, Likwid said:

@Khader87 Looks like you're hiiting your power limit for your board VRM, maybe you can attach some cooling fan to cool it directly?

Well shit on fire, you need to attack heatsink and give VRM direct airflow, I don't think your motherboard likes what are you doing :D

the vrm mos temps are per hwinfo reaches 90 which i read is fine. 

1 hour ago, Constantin said:

The mobo is kinda poor for this cpu, did you update it?

you mean bios? yes updated. 

1 hour ago, Khader87 said:

the vrm mos temps are per hwinfo reaches 90 which i read is fine. 

90C is fine but its power delivery isn't great in the first place (Gigabyte's high-end Z390 is impressive, the B360 not so much) which might be limiting how high your CPU boosts.

The 9700 is fairly power hungry.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

• 3 months later...

Hi, i have test i7 9700 and main Gigabyte B365m D3H.

How to get max turbo boost this cpu. I'm use Prime95 stress and only get 3.6 Ghz. I'm use GAMMAXX 300 DEEPCOOL.

What wrong with my computer ?

i79700.jpg

The Core i7 9700 has a 65 Watt TDP rating.  When you are stress testing with Prime95, the CPU will throttle so it does not exceed 65 Watts.  Have a look in HWiNFO and see how many watts it is running at when it is throttling like this.  Also have a look in the bios to see if you can increase the long and short turbo power limits.  Check HWiNFO to see if it is reporting any of the throttling flags.

On the non K CPUs, you need to have the core C states enabled in the bios if you want the CPU to use the maximum multiplier when it is lightly loaded.

• 3 years later...

he what program is that your using in the pictures