Building my 1st Pc

Hello everyone I really need some assistance. I'm building my 1st pc and I'm stuck between ryzen 3900x and 9900k.

I want to stream and game from this single pc till I get the money for a 2nd pc ( prolly never ).

Which would be my best way to go? I play fortnite, Apex, pubg, WoW, Ark, Destiny, and League of legends. I want a great quality stream and very nice fps. I have a 2070 GPU to put in the new pc. Please help me

3 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

3900x for streaming. Also then no second pc needed.

Streaming and gaming on this same pc. Will I get nice smooth gameplay and gr8 fps?

8 minutes ago, Pwnhousetv said:

Hello everyone I really need some assistance. I'm building my 1st pc and I'm stuck between ryzen 3900x and 9900k.

I want to stream and game from this single pc till I get the money for a 2nd pc ( prolly never ).

Which would be my best way to go? I play fortnite, Apex, pubg, WoW, Ark, Destiny, and League of legends. I want a great quality stream and very nice fps. I have a 2070 GPU to put in the new pc. Please help me

Second PC is becoming less and less necessary for most streamers as CPUs get increasingly powerful.   

Just now, Pwnhousetv said:

Streaming and gaming on this same pc. Will I get nice smooth gameplay and gr8 fps?

Yes, that is a 12core cpu. You could do something like 8cores for games, 4 for streaming.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

yes, only lower end pcs struggle with that kind of multitasking. 

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Yes, that is a 12core cpu. You could do something like 8cores for games, 4 for streaming.

I'd have to learn how to do that. So your one vote for AMD thx for the fast reply

2 minutes ago, Pwnhousetv said:

I can stream pretty well on my non overclockable i7-4770 so it really doesn't take much

I'd have to learn how to do that. So your one vote for AMD thx for the fast reply

Afaik the streaming software should do it itself, you just say 4 cores, and everything else should be good, but i have to say, i haven't done it myself, so i might have the wrong understanding of the topic.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, doomsriker said:

yes, only lower end pcs struggle with that kind of multitasking. 

Are you saying go amd also? Will this all be me playing in very low settings or can I finally play med, high, maybe even ultra (wishful thinking)

1 minute ago, Pwnhousetv said:

windows will do that on its own without a real need for tweaking. id also say AMD btw. You might find this video helpful. 

5 minutes ago, Pwnhousetv said:

Are you saying go amd also? Will this all be me playing in very low settings or can I finally play med, high, maybe even ultra (wishful thinking)

nope, high or very high settings while streaming should be easily achievable (especially in the games you listed). Welcome to the PCMR :). Also, yes AMD is the better choice here. 

5 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

nope, high or very high settings while streaming should be easily achievable (especially in the games you listed). Welcome to the PCMR :). Also, yes AMD is the better choice here. 

Awesommmeee. I have like 30people telling me 9900k is best way to go

I'm so happy that I thought to join this forum. So what about Overclock. Do u think I would need it?

I'm so happy that I thought to join this forum. So what about Overclock. Do u think I would need it?

I would skip the overclock for now. At most maybe try enabling XMP in the bios. the processor shouldn't need the help so it's likely more trouble than it's worth to dial in an overclock.  

10 minutes ago, Pwnhousetv said:

Awesommmeee. I have like 30people telling me 9900k is best way to go

AMD got a bad rap for various reasons (some justified) in the past which has lead many novices to favor Intel to this day despite AMD's modern offerings being quite competitive.  

11 minutes ago, Pwnhousetv said:

This is what I put together so far. If any of you reading this have a great build for me plz link. No more than $2000 USD plz and I have a 2070 ultra gaming GPU waiting.  https://pcpartpicker.com/user/PwnhousetvFromTwitch/saved/yLWvWZ

Do yourself a favor and go with a 2tb ssd instead if you can. Nothing worse than dealing with an overfilled OS drive and the more games you can fit on the fast SSD rather than a slow hard drive the better. I have waited on load screens in fallout 4 for as long as five minutes on a hard drive and I can already tell (after only an hour of gameplay) that destiny 2 will be similar. 

not necessarily the best deal, but here's the Amazon link: 

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Inch-Internal-MZ-76E2T0B-AM/dp/B0786QNSBD/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=2tb+samsung&qid=1570266837&s=instant-video&sr=8-1

4 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

Do yourself a favor and go with a 2tb ssd instead if you can. Nothing worse than dealing with an overfilled OS drive and the more games you can fit on the fast SSD rather than a slow hard drive the better. I have waited on load screens in fallout 4 for as long as five minutes on a hard drive and I can already tell (after only an hour of gameplay) that destiny 2 will be similar. 

not necessarily the best deal, but here's the Amazon link: 

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Inch-Internal-MZ-76E2T0B-AM/dp/B0786QNSBD/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=2tb+samsung&qid=1570266837&s=instant-video&sr=8-1

Other than that does it look solid? Should I choose a different motherboard?

14 minutes ago, Pwnhousetv said:

Other than that does it look solid? Should I choose a different motherboard?

looks good to me. A lot comes down to personal preference at your price point so as long as you like the look and features of that hardware, your all set. 

Lastly the other 6 fans I'm going to purchase.. which should suck out the the heat and which should bring in fresh air. The cooler master is a 3 fan radiator so I assume that mounts to the top

Lastly the other 6 fans I'm going to purchase.. which should suck out the the heat and which should bring in fresh air. The cooler master is a 3 fan radiator so I assume that mounts to the top look here to see what I mean 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Rthypg

1 hour ago, Pwnhousetv said:

Lastly the other 6 fans I'm going to purchase.. which should suck out the the heat and which should bring in fresh air. The cooler master is a 3 fan radiator so I assume that mounts to the top look here to see what I mean 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Rthypg

I am a novice, but from what i have seen, you should be sucking the air, more than sucking it out.

Too much air coming in mean air will be pushed out through exhaust fan and crevices, but too much air being sucked out, means it will draw extra ait through crevices, and possibly pull dust in. Try and get a equilibrium.