Looking for a replacement for a desktop

Hi guys,

first time posting.

i am currently on holiday and my MacBook has crapped its pants and I need a replace. At home I currently have an I7 4770 I think (5 months away) with 16g ram and a gtx1070.

its a bit old and in need of a replace as well. I am looking at a blade 15 with a gtx2060 to replace both as I am traveling for a bit and can live without a desktop if I have a good laptop. Is this a good buy at 2k usd and would it last 3-4 years. I am a teacher who still loves gaming but also have bills. Any help would be amazing.

4 minutes ago, Michcli said:

Hi guys,

first time posting.

i am currently on holiday and my MacBook has crapped its pants and I need a replace. At home I currently have an I7 4770 I think (5 months away) with 16g ram and a gtx1070.

its a bit old and in need of a replace as well. I am looking at a blade 15 with a gtx2060 to replace both as I am traveling for a bit and can live without a desktop if I have a good laptop. Is this a good buy at 2k usd and would it last 3-4 years. I am a teacher who still loves gaming but also have bills. Any help would be amazing.

OMG dude we have the same PC (check my bio) :) . 2060 should kill it on pretty high settings. might have to adjust settings here and there depending on the game and resolution though. Really as long as a PC (laptop or otherwise) is in your budget and something you use and enjoy, it's the right choice. Can't speak to Razor's quality personally, but if Linus (and most of LMG) uses them, then they must be pretty good. 

22 minutes ago, Michcli said:

Hi guys,

first time posting.

Blade died quickly. you can check Lenovo Y740 for gaming. or thinkpad X1 for business class

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |