When a game has both campaign and MP do you play the campaign before MP?

If a game has both campaign and multiplayer do you play the campaign first then multiplayer or vice versa, or are you a monster and don't play the campaign at all?   

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play campaign first? Do you play Multiplayer first? Or are you a monster and don't play the campaign at all?

• I play the campaign first!
    • I play the multiplayer then the campaign!
    • I only play multiplayer, campaign sucks, screw story based games.

I love story based games and usually with games that offer both a story driven campaign and multiplayer, I play and beat the campaign first then break into multiplayer. Every Call of Duty and Battlefield I have played included, beat the campaign then hop on MP. I prefer story driven games and getting engulfed in a story and the characters. However I have friends who either only play the campaign if they have to or are bored, and some that don't even touch story driven games, and when a game has a campaign they completely ignore it. But a lot of the current generation of gamers don't even bother with them it's all about the MP to them. I'm curious just how many people feel the same way or even play the campaigns of games at all.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Usually campaign first, but sometimes multiplayer.

Campaign will have a tutorial of sort at first while multiplayer ca allow you to get use to the game if campaign isn't what you play game for or good.

depends on the game.

if it;s a game designed to be MP then ill play the campaign first if it has one.

if it's supposed to be a single player game, chances are i dont even touch MP. Mass Effect 3 being a good example.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I always play the campaign, because I usually like the stories behind them and also because it is a good way to learn how the game works (at least for the games I played).

I am not that much into the multiplayer experience (except playing with a few friends over LAN).

You didn't have my prefered response, single player only and any online components can go and get fucked.  Online and PvP activity these days only seems to equal microtransactions, pay to win or at the very least tuning that tries to push you towards more engagement (spending). 

12 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I love story based games and usually with games that offer both a story driven campaign and multiplayer, I play and beat the campaign first then break into multiplayer. Every Call of Duty and Battlefield I have played included, beat the campaign then hop on MP. I prefer story driven games and getting engulfed in a story and the characters. However I have friends who either only play the campaign if they have to or are bored, and some that don't even touch story driven games, and when a game has a campaign they completely ignore it. But a lot of the current generation of gamers don't even bother with them it's all about the MP to them. I'm curious just how many people feel the same way or even play the campaigns of games at all.

I play the campaign first and foremost - always.

And frankly, a lot of the time I simply don't even bother with the Multiplayer. I heavily prefer story based gameplay.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)