A whole lot of options

GreenMadman

Hello to everyone! Trying to finalize my build, hoping you can help!

I'll be completely honest right out of the gate, I know almost nothing about monitors. As such, it would probably take me way too much time to come to a decision on which model to buy, and I'm kinda short on that at the moment. I will of course do my own research but your help and advice would really be very much appreciated. The specifications that I want are 1440p, 27", IPS or VA, under $500 and there are 6 that fit that bill. They are :

$350 Lenovo L27Q-10,

$446 AOC Q 2790PQU,

$464 Benq PD2700Q,

$475 Iiyama ProLite XUB2792QSU-B1,

$489 HP Z27n K7C09A4 and

$500 HP Z27n G2.

Also, there are also two monitors currently on sale, both of which are 144Hz and since they aren't too expensive I've added them into the pot. They are the

$490 Samsung LS27R750QEUXEN (no FreeSync) and 

$557 Acer Nitro XV272UP (has FreeSync).

My friend got the Acer one today and it was the first time I could check the difference between 60Hz and 144Hz, and it is noticeable. Does anyone have or has had any of these monitors, and if so, what were your experiences with them, and would you recommend any of them?

Thank you to all who took the time to read this thread, and more so to all who also replied!

Is there a reason you're making so many topics regarding your new build?

Putting all of your questions into a single post in the New Builds and Planning subforum would have sufficed and is the proper way to ask for recommendation especially if it's about a whole new setup. 

It's a lot more difficult for us the people trying to help you and you to keep track or recommend things if we have to browse through multiple posts and keep track of which post is about what. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Putting all of your questions into a single post in the New Builds and Planning subforum would have sufficed and is the proper way to ask for recommendation especially if it's about a whole new setup. 

It's a lot more difficult for us the people trying to help you and you to keep track or recommend things if we have to browse through multiple posts and keep track of which post is about what. 

well he is a madman as suggested by his name. I guess he wouldve thought it wouldve been better to dedicate a thread to each component lol

Just now, VenomZ_ said:

well he is a madman as suggested by his name. I guess he wouldve thought it wouldve been better to dedicate a thread to each component lol

Lol, it's not a super big deal but it would be easier to help as a lot of us on here can help out with all of his questions and give recommendations and work together much easier if it were all in one post. Separating it all into separate posts just makes it more difficult in my opinion especially if all the posts are pertaining to the same build.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

47 minutes ago, GreenMadman said:

Did you already order the PC and are you in the US? As 3440x1440p 100hz displays are $400 right now.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

10 hours ago, GreenMadman said:

I'll be completely honest right out of the gate, I know almost nothing about monitors. As such, it would probably take me way too much time to come to a decision on which model to buy, and I'm kinda short on that at the moment. I will of course do my own research but your help and advice would really be very much appreciated. The specifications that I want are 1440p, 27", IPS or VA, under $500 and there are 6 that fit that bill. They are :

$350 Lenovo L27Q-10,

$446 AOC Q 2790PQU,

$464 Benq PD2700Q,

$475 Iiyama ProLite XUB2792QSU-B1,

$489 HP Z27n K7C09A4 and

$500 HP Z27n G2.

Also, there are also two monitors currently on sale, both of which are 144Hz and since they aren't too expensive I've added them into the pot. They are the

$490 Samsung LS27R750QEUXEN (no FreeSync) and 

$557 Acer Nitro XV272UP (has FreeSync).

My friend got the Acer one today and it was the first time I could check the difference between 60Hz and 144Hz, and it is noticeable. Does anyone have or has had any of these monitors, and if so, what were your experiences with them, and would you recommend any of them?

Thank you to all who took the time to read this thread, and more so to all who also replied!

try looking through rtings filter tool of review monitors.

Recommending a monitor based purely on the manufacturer specs is most certainly not ideal as those specs never give the full picture of what to expect.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/table/8163

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

11 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

11 hours ago, VenomZ_ said:

11 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Lol, it's not a super big deal but it would be easier to help as a lot of us on here can help out with all of his questions and give recommendations and work together much easier if it were all in one post. Separating it all into separate posts just makes it more difficult in my opinion especially if all the posts are pertaining to the same build.

That ... is actually a very good question. It's not that I'm mad (although that is debatable), more so just plain stupid. Since there are sub forums dedicated to each component, I genuinely thought it would be a better idea to separate everything that way. Also, since there are quite a few things to ask for everything it seemed better to split them into smaller bits, than to post one big essay. And lastly, although it's not that meaningful, it seems like every few days something important pops up that changes things. I.e the ssd that appeared a few days ago, the emulation question, and I just saw the difference between 60 and 144Hz and affordable monitors appeared out of the woods. So yeah, honest mistake and I was pretty stupid (still am though), sorry. I probably won't make another post even in the build section since I've already posted too much in my opinion, especially since I've been postponing the build since February because of various annoyances popping up.

11 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Did you already order the PC and are you in the US? As 3440x1440p 100hz displays are $400 right now.

No, I haven't ordered anything yet, I'll probably start tomorrow or the day after so I can get everything pretty much at once. No I'm not from the US. Ultra wide monitors here start from $1000 and that's just waaay too much.

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

try looking through rtings filter tool of review monitors.

Recommending a monitor based purely on the manufacturer specs is most certainly not ideal as those specs never give the full picture of what to expect.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/table/8163

Hey, an answer to the original question! I'm just kidding of course. As far as i can see the monitors available to me aren't listed on that site, and I honestly have no idea which monitors to use as a comparison to get a rough idea of what to expect. Thanks though!