Splurge? more like waste ;)

Meshify C any day of the week.

Just now, For Science! said:

Splurge? more like waste ;)

Meshify C any day of the week.

why? (weighting pros/cons)

1 minute ago, Jordan_C21 said:

why? (weighting pros/cons)

How can I give you a why in the absence of any information from your end? Components, priorities (noise, looks, etc). Also you should specify which H500.

How can I give you a why in the absence of any information from your end? Components, priorities (noise, looks, etc)

.... I didnt think that through at all ?. well ill be using a r5 3600, using stock cooler for now... I do plan on buying a better cooler and doing overclocking not sure what to buy tho the 212 evo rgb seems nice but thats for light overclocks. Pairing that with an aftermarket 5700xt soon. I DO like the rgb fans on the h500 but you can always just buy fans yanno. Mainly airflow I want good airflow

Also to clarify, Coolermaster H500 or NZXT H500

coolermaster.....  I thought I added that.... Bro im so sorry its been a long day lololol. the big 200mm fan h500

Just now, Genwyn said:

I'm always down for investing into a good case and all that. 

The H500 however is an inferior option here unless you specifically like its aesthetic design. It's airflow potential is just completely demolished by the meshify C. You would see overall much better thermals, lower required fan speeds and noise in the meshify C.

I say go for the meshify C, but blow that 15$ anyway, fill in the 3rd 120mm intake in the front with a nice fan, or get an rgb strip or something.

ive edited the title. I was referring to the Cooler Master H500 and i COMPLETELY forgot NZXT has an h500 (i rlly like that one too but i dont like the front panel)

Just now, Genwyn said:

Oh ok cooler master not nzxt

lemme just omit my entire last comment

H500 all the way. No competition on airflow.

If it was the NZXT h500 then yeah, meshify C

so go with the CM h500? thats what I was thinking for the extra $15 it seems very smart. I forgot NZXT had a case with the same name my bad guys

Reasons for Meshify C

- My build is in it, and I love it (primary reason)

- I like the significantly smaller footprint

- "Better" watercooling support due to lack of 200 mm fans which if you remove from the H500, kind of defeats its purpose imo

- More subdued looks (in my opinion)

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Reasons for Meshify C

- My build is in it, and I love it (primary reason)

- I like the significantly smaller footprint

- "Better" watercooling support due to lack of 200 mm fans which if you remove from the H500, kind of defeats its purpose imo

- More subdued looks (in my opinion)

i do love the Meshify C look especially the white variant.... I dont plan on doing watercooling so thats out the window. if i had a Meshify C id have to buy RGB fans for it. I think the h500 suits my usecase more but Im always up for a second opinion yanno. 

btw your build is gorgeous man 

the cooler master h500 definitely. Superior air flow and is spacey. Always wanted that case 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

You cant go wrong with either one. It mostly comes down to aesthetics and if you care about RGB or overall size. Airflow wise the H500 is better stock but the Meshify C can be the same with an added fan or two for intake (and given there's usually a $15-20 difference between the two cases, extra fans aernt out of the budget). 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25