Gigabyte's customers support.

Mitico

Just made this post to ask if someone has ever used gigabyte's customers support, and what experience you had with it? Since i got a faulty motherboard which still in warranty but all they answerd me was "your ram is not on the compatibiliy list and your bios is way too updated" which to me, sounds like bs..

Faulty?  Is the mobo faulty or is the RAM not compatible with the motherboard?

What board, what RAM? 

Are you sure they didn't say OUTdated on the bios?  Updating the BIOS itself will give it more RAM compatibility (if we are talking new hardware here)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

7 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Faulty?  Is the mobo faulty or is the RAM not compatible with the motherboard?

What board, what RAM? 

Are you sure they didn't say OUTdated on the bios?  Updating the BIOS itself will give it more RAM compatibility (if we are talking new hardware here)

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite, the ram is the corsair lpx CMK16GX4M2D3000C16.. And no, they literally told me "last versions of the bios are for the 3000 series ryzen cpu's, you have the 2000. you must downgrade to bios version xxx"

4 minutes ago, Mitico said:

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite, the ram is the corsair lpx CMK16GX4M2D3000C16.. And no, they literally told me "last versions of the bios are for the 3000 series ryzen cpu's, you have the 2000. you must downgrade to bios version xxx"

Yea that BIOS downgrade because you use a 2000 series sounds BS to me as well.

RAM compatibility issue, really doubt it, that kit is quite popular so I doubt the motherboard goes "nope" with that one.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

23 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Yea that BIOS downgrade because you use a 2000 series sounds BS to me as well.

RAM compatibility issue, really doubt it, that kit is quite popular so I doubt the motherboard goes "nope" with that one.

Exactly... Basically they are saying they wont take the motherboard back, for a check or a replacement... Even if they got a 3 year warranty on their products.. I am so disappointed atm..

Sadly Gigabyte is correct - this is not on their QVL.  As a hardware purchaser this really turns me off to Gigabyte as this isn't 2016 Zen release.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b450-aorus-elite_pinnacle.pdf

Is your DRAM light coming on?  Have you tried going into BIOS and adjusting the timings and frequency to boot?

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

4 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Sadly Gigabyte is correct - this is not on their QVL.  As a hardware purchaser this really turns me off to Gigabyte as this isn't 2016 Zen release.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b450-aorus-elite_pinnacle.pdf

Is your DRAM light coming on?  Have you tried going into BIOS and adjusting the timings and frequency to boot?

I tried everything.. My problems started right after booting up first time, the pc froze and the only option was to turn off the powersupply and turn it back on. Then i was getting random crashes where all peripherals would turn off, but the fans would still spin, trust me i tried everything, tried to look everywhere on internet but nothing worked.. So i tried even to update the bios with the second last version and nothing changed, as last thing i tired to do again a fresh instal and there the pc would not even boot up.. All of this while all 4 leds were flashing like crazy (cpu, motherboard, ram and boot one)

1 hour ago, Mitico said:

I tried everything.. My problems started right after booting up first time, the pc froze and the only option was to turn off the powersupply and turn it back on. Then i was getting random crashes where all peripherals would turn off, but the fans would still spin, trust me i tried everything, tried to look everywhere on internet but nothing worked.. So i tried even to update the bios with the second last version and nothing changed, as last thing i tired to do again a fresh instal and there the pc would not even boot up.. All of this while all 4 leds were flashing like crazy (cpu, motherboard, ram and boot one)

Id continue your fight with Gigabyte based on what you described does not sound like a QVL issue.  And if their most updated BIOS doesn't support chips the socket is supposed to support well, that needs the entire Internet to hear about that (which to me sounds like their CS Rep has no idea what they are talking about).

Can you go to the retailer you bought it from for support?

1 hour ago, Tristerin said:

Id continue your fight with Gigabyte based on what you described does not sound like a QVL issue.  And if their most updated BIOS doesn't support chips the socket is supposed to support well, that needs the entire Internet to hear about that (which to me sounds like their CS Rep has no idea what they are talking about).

Can you go to the retailer you bought it from for support?

Sadly, no I can't.. I bought it from amazon, and already asked if they can do something about it and they cant..

Have you tried to record the motherboard as you turn it on and show how the board behaves including the lighting up of all the LEDs like you said (CPU, RAM and etc.)?

I haven't dealt with customer support until now but if I was in your position I'd provide as much evidence as possible to support your claims and refute their "solutions" as unsuitable for your situation.

Good luck with your situation!

2 hours ago, GeLi said:

Have you tried to record the motherboard as you turn it on and show how the board behaves including the lighting up of all the LEDs like you said (CPU, RAM and etc.)?

I haven't dealt with customer support until now but if I was in your position I'd provide as much evidence as possible to support your claims and refute their "solutions" as unsuitable for your situation.

Good luck with your situation!

Yeah, luckly I did.. I'll show them the video next time they answer, as for now they tried with the "you should contact the retailer, while amazon cleary said its up to gigabyte..

Thanks, I hope they can fix or at least do something, otherwise it was just a waste of money and time..

RAM not on the compatibility list ?

Downgrade the BIOS to something around F4, my DS3H was very unstable with anything higher then F4.

Gigabyte support is junk, i had to figure out myself what was wrong with my PC and that was their F30,F31 and F32 BIOS update what made my GPU not sending sound through the monitor. I Had sound with F40 but very very unstable memory and CPU.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

22 hours ago, Mitico said:

Sound like faulty BIOS or very unstable settings in BIOS, try to open BIOS and see what kind of voltage you have on the CPU and Clockspeed, what kind of memory settings you have. Set them down to something more realistic, sometimes BIOS behave in a weird manner with auto settings.

Edit: https://www.gigabyte.com/ca/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Try F4 or F5

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

18 hours ago, Mathieu9836 said:

Sound like faulty BIOS or very unstable settings in BIOS, try to open BIOS and see what kind of voltage you have on the CPU and Clockspeed, what kind of memory settings you have. Set them down to something more realistic, sometimes BIOS behave in a weird manner with auto settings.

Edit: https://www.gigabyte.com/ca/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Try F4 or F5

Cpu voltage was never over 1.3 Volts, as for clock speeds nothing weird, always around 3.5/3.6 ghz with max 70° under stress test (with the stock cooler).. The problem is that problems started right after the first boot, it just frooze and there was nothing more than shuting down the pc and restarting it, and it was with the bios that came with the mb..

Download F4 and give it a try, i don't like Gigabyte BIOS, i don't even know why their faulty bioses are still on the website

So after telling them that I already asked amazon, if they should provide warranty or its up to gigabyte, they answerd me this.

I mean, are they fu****g serious? So that's how their costumer support works? Saying ironically things, almost making fun of their clients? Im done with gigabyte.

Immagine.png

Thats the kind of answers i was getting, they told me it was windows first, after that it was my GPU, then i told them it was OK before updating the BIOS, and when i downgrade it sound come back, they did knew what to say other then try this new BIOS version which was really really unstable. Fk them....

Have you downgraded BIOS to F4 yet?

1 minute ago, Mathieu9836 said:

Thats the kind of answers i was getting, they told me it was windows first, after that it was my GPU, then i told them it was OK before updating the BIOS, and when i downgrade it sound come back, they did knew what to say other then try this new BIOS version which was really really unstable. Fk them....

Have you downgraded BIOS to F4 yet?

Thats absurd... No, not yet, as for now im using the old parts from the old pc, I know i should try it but I am tired of changing parts, doing a fresh instal each time..

There is no need for fresh install when updating bios

3 minutes ago, Mathieu9836 said:

There is no need for fresh install when updating bios

I know, but I still with the old hard drive which i had in the old pc, so even I change parts, the hard drive would be the same. Drivers, chipset and so on would be wrong ones..