iPhone 6 Plus vs Samsung Galaxy Note 9

zrmaxwell

Will i notice a big speed improvement if i were to upgrade to the note 9 from my 5 year old iPhone 6 plus? If so, by how much percentage-wise?

I want the note 9 for the headphone jack and the no notch screen.. among other things.. 

Thanks to those who can help out! 

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

No one knows how bogged down your 6 Plus is. Also no one compares speed like this, let alone comparing Android vs iPhone. 

Just tell us what features you want, what you intend to use it for. There are many Android options offering notch-free screen and headphone jack. Many of which cost less than a Note 9.

features i want are a headphone jack, no notch, 3 or more years of software updates, finger print reader on the back, but the in display one would be nice as well. stock/stock-ish android.. Wait.. Am i describing the Pixel 3a XL??

15 hours ago, huilun02 said:

No. That still has a giant notch, aka forehead. You described the Xiaomi Mi A3

I'll look into it. Thanks!

On 9/21/2019 at 9:39 PM, zrmaxwell said:

3 or more years of software updates

Good luck getting that with an android phone, they usually only get about 2 years

2 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Good luck getting that with an android phone, they usually only get about 2 years

Well, the Google Pixel 4 should get 3 years of updates when released. Also, the Pixel 3a phones get 2 1/2 years which is close to 3 since they were release 4 months ago in May..

13 hours ago, huilun02 said:

What are your thoughts so far?

How about a 2013 LG G2?

It launched with Android 4 Jellybean and now has Android 10. So technically it has update support for 6 years/generations of Android. Also it has headphone jack and no notch.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/orig-development/rom-lineageos-17-0-unofficial-d800-d801-t3967345

Actually i may end up getting a pixel 4 in early 2020 or a pixel 5 in early 2021.. Just to make sure i get Verizon customer support (that is the carrier i am on currently) & 3 years of software updates.. Don't get me wrong, your suggestions are good, but i just choose to go with something more up to date spec-wise (if that makes sense) I think i am starting to move away from the headphone jack also..

Thanks for the suggestions though!