Your Choice. Video Editing Build.

Spontaneocus

I'm interested to see what your own personal choice of a video editing PC would be (spec wise) if you were given $2000 to build a tower. What would you choose hardware wise within that budget. (Yes I intend to steal your ideas - LOL)

22 minutes ago, Spontaneocus said:

Probably just want an R7 3700X with an RX 5700, it's not going to be more than $1400 even with 32GBs of RAM and some SSDs.

Picking up a 4k 60hz IPS display is going to be more useful than additional hardware performance though most likely.

Also depends on the software. Vegas is fine and potentially cheap for a lot of editing needs.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Probably just want an R7 3700X with an RX 5700, it's not going to be more than $1400 even with 32GBs of RAM and some SSDs.

Picking up a 4k 60hz IPS display is going to be more useful than additional hardware performance though most likely.

Also depends on the software. Vegas is fine and potentially cheap for a lot of editing needs.

'Just getting started. Was thinking Davinci Resolve

2 minutes ago, Spontaneocus said:

Just check out this channel pretty much.

I think the RX 5700 has some error depending on the codec in resolve they need to work out.

But what exactly are you going to be doing with the editing? Is it just throwing together gameplay clips with minimal effects?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Im heavily involved in politics and intend on starting a channel giving simple explainations of complex political stuff with commentary. Kinda like linus tech tips meets modern politics. LOL

Just now, Spontaneocus said:

Im heavily involved in politics and intend on starting a channel giving simple explainations of complex political stuff with commentary. Kinda like linus tech tips meets modern politics. LOL

Talking about linus techtips. Get your merch at lttstore.com!

24 minutes ago, Spontaneocus said:

Any recommendations on a motherboard for the 3700X

8 minutes ago, Spontaneocus said:

So just vlogs then and media screenshots? Seems kinda of overkill, but if you just want an overkill PC for gaming well there ya go.

Because you can just use Vegas 15, and it's $16 right now. It's really easy to use and if it doesn't work out then you can just refund it on steam within 2 hours and whatever.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/785160/VEGAS_Movie_Studio_15_Steam_Edition/

I'd go for at least a 32" 4k display, if not get a 1440p 21:9 120hz display, going to be better for gaming anyways.

Unlikely to need 32GBs of RAM. I don't pass 16GBs doing 4k gameplay editing in vegas.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F7GH9G

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($329.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($163.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Red 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($99.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 8 GB PULSE Video Card  ($369.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.17 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: LG 32UD60-B 32.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor  ($401.62 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Monoprice 138035 35.0" 3440x1440 120 Hz Monitor  ($409.99 @ Monoprice)
Total: $2198.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-20 18:41 EDT-0400

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

So just vlogs then and media screenshots? Seems kinda of overkill, but if you just want an overkill PC for gaming well there ya go.

Because you can just use Vegas 15, and it's $16 right now. It's really easy to use and if it doesn't work out then you can just refund it on steam within 2 hours and whatever.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/785160/VEGAS_Movie_Studio_15_Steam_Edition/

I'd go for at least a 32" 4k display, if not get a 1440p 21:9 120hz display, going to be better for gaming anyways.

Unlikely to need 32GBs of RAM. I don't pass 16GBs doing 4k gameplay editing in vegas.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F7GH9G

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($329.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($163.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Red 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($99.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 8 GB PULSE Video Card  ($369.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.17 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: LG 32UD60-B 32.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor  ($401.62 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Monoprice 138035 35.0" 3440x1440 120 Hz Monitor  ($409.99 @ Monoprice)
Total: $2198.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-20 18:41 EDT-0400

Starting with that, but I am looking to obviously get more heavily involved in editing etc, so want something that will be able to do a fair bit more as I learn more. 

3 minutes ago, Spontaneocus said:

Starting with that, but I am looking to obviously get more heavily involved in editing etc, so want something that will be able to do a fair bit more as I learn more. 

The only limitation of the software is masking, but you can get around that using a green screen and the chroma key option.

Vegas Pro goes on sale for $25 through humble bundle throughout the year so just be on the lookout for that.

Last one was in march

Spoiler