Can I Add a Graphics Card to My PC?

Can I add a specific GPU to my PC? Now my PC has NVIDIA 940MX and I want to upgrade it into NVIDIA 1050.

yes, If you have enough wattage on your power supply you can replace your old card with a gtx 1050

Are you talking about a desktop or laptop? Because in laptops it's usually not viable to do so (and the 940MX is a mobile chip, so I assume we're not talking about a desktop here).

EDIT: I just double checked and it seems like it's not viable+basically impossible to upgrade the 940MX, since it doesn't have an MXM slot, it's soldered to the mainboard.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

Are you talking about a PC or laptop? Because in laptops it's usually not viable to do so (and the 940MX is a mobile chip, so I assume we're not talking about a PC here).

I'm pretty sure he has a laptop by what it sounds like 

8 minutes ago, Xander CaGe said:

Can I add a specific GPU to my PC? Now my PC has NVIDIA 940MX and I want to upgrade it into NVIDIA 1050.

Laptops have soldered GPUs in most cases. Upgrading is impossible for your case

if desktop, maybe. i've seen one or two prebuilts with laptop gpus and cpus. if they're socketed(doubt so) then sure, but most of the time they're soldered on, which means you can't take it out

if laptop, probably not. same reason as above. 

28 minutes ago, AKSHAYROG said:

Dude. Nvidia Geforce 940MX is a laptop gpu which is impossibe to replace. You maybe thought this is the play of Legos. 

I too have a laptop with Nvidia Geforce 940MX.

The fps of this gpu sucks. thats why i want to replace it.

6 minutes ago, Xander CaGe said:

But u can't.

There is only one ways to get higher fps.

That isss

Buy a new PC/Laptop capable of playing games.

6 minutes ago, Xander CaGe said:

I have seen many posts of you having issues with your laptop. My suggestion, of course if possible, is to simply sell it because its just not fit for gaming and laptop is barely customisable in any way..And buy/built a pc :) Or invest into actual gaming laptop