NIntendo doing the unthinkable!!!

slatteew

Would just like to point out from that article: He explained that their first step in smartphone development is an app that could showcase “the value of our entertainment offerings, thus encouraging more people to participate in Nintendo platforms.”

Also whats with the random capital "I" in the title?

Not sure what to think of this. haha

I know this will NEVER happen, but something I think would do Nintendo a world of good and bring them back as a serious competitor in the console market.

I would love to see a new "Nintendo", not a Wii, not anything else, just call it "Nintendo".

Nintendo has a massive library of games spanning the early 1980's to today. All they would have to do is create a console that emulated all of their previous consoles, home and handheld, as well as the Sega systems since they are no longer enemies in the market, easy enough. Give it a huge store for people to buy any of the classics they want from the last 30 years. And I don't mean like a limited selection you find on the Wii markets, but as many of the game from the past 30 years they can legally do.

Give it a nice big replaceable HDD to store it all. DVD/BD-ROM support, powerful modern hardware comparable to the XB1/PS4, and open it up to developers for new titles so it could compete with Sony and MS.

Yeah ... I know. I am dreaming, but still, that would be amazing in my humble opinion. =P

Easier said then done. I know people love the classics but if Nintendo isn't bringing new ideas to the table then they will die (many, many years from now of course). Their savings won't last forever.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Easier said then done. I know people love the classics but if Nintendo isn't bringing new ideas to the table then they will die (many, many years from now of course). Their savings won't last forever.

Very true, hence the next line in my post.

"Give it a nice big replaceable HDD to store it all. DVD/BD-ROM support, powerful modern hardware comparable to the XB1/PS4, and open it up to developers for new titles so it could compete with Sony and MS."

Yeah, no way it would survive on retro alone, it would have to be competative in todays market with modern titles.

Still, would be cool. =P

They're desperate for money. They'll do anything probably.

how about making sure a company with history stays up and running and keeping people in jobs to avoid destroying lives.

"Give it a nice big replaceable HDD to store it all. DVD/BD-ROM support, powerful modern hardware comparable to the XB1/PS4, and open it up to developers for new titles so it could compete with Sony and MS."

Yeah, no way it would survive on retro alone, it would have to be competative in todays market with modern titles.

Still, would be cool. =P

It already has the HDD thing you can have up too 2 2TB drives on the Wii U. As for dev support quite a few indie titles get published on the console as its quite indie friendly.

Still, would be cool. =P

I blame my attention span for not reading your entire post lol. I completely agree. We all read what we want to don't we? :P

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Did you not hear about the salary cuts?

But the truth of the matter is that Nintendo isn't dead, nor are they dying. Linus has talked about this on multiple occasions. Their 3DS and Wii U are surprisingly well sold around the globe (although I personally feel that anything after the Wii kinda sucked). 

However, you can confirm that this wouldn't be full games. This so called "games" that they will be releasing for the smartphones are just there to promote their own hardware products on the smartphone. Here's the link: http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/27/5352004/nintendo-reportedly-making-smartphone-mini-games

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

They're desperate for money. They'll do anything probably.

you know they litrally have billions of dollars right?

It already has the HDD thing you can have up too 2 2TB drives on the Wii U. As for dev support quite a few indie titles get published on the console as its quite indie friendly.

Yeah, that would be yet another great direction they could take. Honestly, I am just being a bit selfish. Nintendo has always been a favorite since it's the console I really grew up on. I may have been born in the Odyssey and Atari age, but it was Nintendo that my friends and I all spent a large portion of our childhood on. Would really hate to see them go the way of Sega and become a software dev only. =(

I blame my attention span for not reading your entire post lol. I completely agree. We all read what we want to don't we? :P

Yes sir, that we do. haha

This is exciting!

FX 8350 Black Edition 4.2Ghz

Palit GTX 580 1.5gb

H80i ,TX850, Corsair 300R

No where does it say they're making games. 

For all we know they may be making companion apps, a Miiverse app, or an eShop app. 

Did one one even read this? http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140130/03.html It's the source the article is using and no where does it state they're making smartphone games.

However, if you report that we will release Mario on smart devices, it would be a completely misleading statement. It is our intention to release some application on smart devices this year that is capable of attracting consumer attention and communicating the value of our entertainment offerings, so I would encourage you to see how our approach yields results.

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

No where does it say they're making games. 

For all we know they may be making companion apps, a Miiverse app, or an eShop app. 

Did one one even read this? http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140130/03.html It's the source the article is using and no where does it state they're making smartphone games.

I did not make the article, but it clearly says that the developers have free reign over what they develop. That could mean ANYTHING, including games. Some people are hoping they make games, some are hoping for other stuff. 

I did not make the article, but it clearly says that the developers have free reign over what they develop. That could mean ANYTHING, including games. Some people are hoping they make games, some are hoping for other stuff. 

Yet they clearly state they're not making games. 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

If they want money that bad they could sell the Monster Hunter franchise back to Sony. It would look much better on the vita. 

If Nintendo released Smash Bros and Mario kart on PC/Xbone/360/PS4/PS3/PSVita it would sell like crazy. Provided it was priced accordingly.

I would love to see a Remake of a few N64 games.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

If Nintendo released Smash Bros and Mario kart on PC/Xbone/360/PS4/PS3/PSVita it would sell like crazy. Provided it was priced accordingly.

I would love to see a Remake of a few N64 games.

No that sire would NEVER happen

No that sire would NEVER happen

I said "if" bro. Clearly it wouldn't happen. Don't be such a Debbie downer. You killing my good vibe yo.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER