HTC gets a new CEO

smnhdy

@smnhdy

Your thread was moved to the General section, please make sure to read the Tech News posting guidelines and edit your thread so that it follows the outlined rules ;

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-posting-guidelines-read-before-posting/

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, smnhdy said:

I’m not sure how this isn’t tech news???

you gotta read the posting guidelines

it needs original input, quotes from the cited source,  and everything else you have already

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Fair enough.

thought the title told you all you need to know though ;)

2 minutes ago, smnhdy said:

Fair enough.

You need to add a quote from the source article, and you need to add your personal opinion on the news (can be pretty much anything you want to say).

Additionally, it's helpful to summarize the article as well - which, depending on the depth of the news, could be a sentence or two just giving the barebones "this is what happened".

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

24 minutes ago, smnhdy said:

The posting guidelines asks for more than just a title ;)

Modify your thread so that it's within the posting guidelines and after that it can be moved back into the Tech News section.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Is HTC still relevant in the phone market? I used to swear by their phones back in the day. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

17 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Is HTC still relevant in the phone market? I used to swear by their phones back in the day. 

Phone... not really...

VR headset world... certainly!

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

*shrugs* all I can tell you is that their support sucks.

We have an HTC Vive with the Wireless add-on (the first party one, not the original TPCast one). We also bought 2 extra battery packs for the Wireless add-on.

Both the Wireless Add-on and one of the battery packs died within months of purchase. The Wireless kit was able to be shipped out quickly and we got it back within 2-3 weeks, fixed.

The battery pack hasn't even been sent out yet, despite the fact that it's been dead for over a month now. We've been fighting with support basically. They keep asking us to try stupid stuff that won't help, then they wait 3-5 days in between responses. We don't have an RMA number or shipping label yet.

The battery pack has been broken (and waiting for RMA) longer than it took to send out and get the wireless kit repaired.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

14 hours ago, smnhdy said:

Phone... not really...

VR headset world... certainly!

personally i wouldnt touch any HTC product these days after the debacle with my Vive.

Delivered DOA two weeks of support chat with the same troubleshooting over and over again.

Multiple tweets to the head of customer service at the time and even then it took them another 30 days to even start an RMA process.

overall it took nearly 3 months to get a working headset and then they returned me fucking controllers with the headset that didnt work so the process started all over again.