Will there be Navi 5800 and 5900 GPUs?

TommyTwommy

I'll be buying a new GPU soon and I was wondering if AMD will release any stronger GPUs that would compete with a 2080.

CPU & COOLER - INTEL i9 12900K | NZXT KRAKEN X62

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

GPU - ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 TUF

RAM - 2x16GB KINGSTON FURY 3200MHZ

PSU - PHANTEKS REVOLT PRO 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

SSD #1 - CORSAIR SN850 1TB

SSD #2 - CORSAIR SN850X 4TB

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

CASE - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500A D-RGB

MOUSE #1 - LOGITECH G502 X Wireless

KEYBOARD - AKKO 5108B PLUS

SPEAKERS - SVS PB-1000 + 2x ADAM A3X

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

3 minutes ago, berny22 said:

I'll be buying a new GPU soon and I was wondering if AMD will release any stronger GPUs that would compete with a 2080.

If I guess they might release something like that maybe, the keyword is maybe next year. Nvidia is a better choice right now for obvious reasons like working drivers and large stock. I would not recommend the 5700xt personally because it seems more like a test for the actual product 

13 minutes ago, Pauleft said:

If I guess they might release something like that maybe, the keyword is maybe next year. Nvidia is a better choice right now for obvious reasons like working drivers and large stock. I would not recommend the 5700xt personally because it seems more like a test for the actual product 

And yet here we are, 5700 XT users, with working drivers and little to no issues. 

17 minutes ago, Pauleft said:

Well that is mostly why I stuck with nvidia for so long.. I've had an RX 580 for a few months and it wasn't the most pleasant experience software wise. + I need CUDA.. I just thought I'd give AMD another chance since it is a completely new architecture

As for nvidia, their prices are crazy high.. Nowdays you'll pay $400 for an entry level GPU and only a few years ago you could buy yourself a high end one for the same price.. They've started scaling price together with performance that the prices are just stupid high at his point...

$900 for a decent 2080 super model (where I live) is way too much.

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

25 minutes ago, berny22 said:

As for nvidia, their prices are crazy high.. Nowdays you'll pay $400 for an entry level GPU and only a few years ago you could buy yourself a high end one for the same price.. They've started scaling price together with performance that the prices are just stupid high at his point...

I agree on that regarding new cards. I really don't know why they are so high right now. Last time we atleast knew what was pushing up the prices because of the bitcoin mining industry. But now that should have faded. I think the only decent price for a new nvidia card is for a 1660.

That being said, you can score decent prices on second hand websites. Yes, you will have to do some hunting and haggling, but you can score good deals. You can potentially get a 1070 for the same price as a 1650.

My thoughts on GPUs right now is: Wait as much as you can to buy a new graphics card.

Prices are ridiculous, look like mining as made Nvidia and AMD realise they can charge you whatever then want for a card, because they will sell them anyways. Here in Canada you can get a 2070 triple fan for the price of a 5700XT which IMO ridiculous. Stick to your old RX 580s and 1070\1060s until prices come down.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

2 hours ago, Turbof1 said:

I agree on that regarding new cards. I really don't know why they are so high right now. Last time we atleast knew what was pushing up the prices because of the bitcoin mining industry. But now that should have faded. I think the only decent price for a new nvidia card is for a 1660.

That being said, you can score decent prices on second hand websites. Yes, you will have to do some hunting and haggling, but you can score good deals. You can potentially get a 1070 for the same price as a 1650.

I currently have a 1070 that I picked up at a perfect moment for "only" $500 (lowest price a 1070 has ever been in my country) before the bitcoin craze, probably the last one in stock. I am happy with it, but since I recently bought a 3440x1440 screen and would like to play some RT titles on max settings I wanted to get a 2080 Super.. but since rumors have it that new AMD cards will support Ray tracing I thought I'd wait for those.. hoping that at least nvidia would drop their prices a bit..

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

1 hour ago, Mathieu9836 said:

My thoughts on GPUs right now is: Wait as much as you can to buy a new graphics card.

Prices are ridiculous, look like mining as made Nvidia and AMD realise they can charge you whatever then want for a card, because they will sell them anyways. Here in Canada you can get a 2070 triple fan for the price of a 5700XT which IMO ridiculous. Stick to your old RX 580s and 1070\1060s until prices come down.

yeah.. I can buy 2 2080 Tis right now, but it would just feel so wrong cashing out that much money on a GPU..

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

5 hours ago, 5x5 said:

And yet here we are, 5700 XT users, with working drivers and little to no issues. 

I didn't say all there are still complaints about drivers not working even new ones. Look online you don't see thousand of articles piping up about nvidia drivers not working right now. I like amd more than nvidia but the 5700 is not ready

5 hours ago, berny22 said:

Well that is mostly why I stuck with nvidia for so long.. I've had an RX 580 for a few months and it wasn't the most pleasant experience software wise. + I need CUDA.. I just thought I'd give AMD another chance since it is a completely new architecture

It's the same with phones you could buy a high end one before for like a $100-200 top of the line maybe like $500. It's competition and negligence we will never have the same prices again which is the sad part

18 minutes ago, Pauleft said:

I didn't say all there are still complaints about drivers not working even new ones. Look online you don't see thousand of articles piping up about nvidia drivers not working right now. I like amd more than nvidia but the 5700 is not ready

Thousands of articles? You point me to even a hundred articles about the 5700 drivers? You're massively overexaggerating. 

8 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Thousands of articles? You point me to even a hundred articles about the 5700 drivers? You're massively overexaggerating. 

Yes maybe I am going over the top but there is so many topics on it still just type in Rx 5700/xt driver issues. Same thing happened with rtx 2080 after launch but it got solved in 1 month 

3 minutes ago, Pauleft said:

Yes maybe I am going over the top but there is so many topics on it still just type in Rx 5700/xt driver issues. Same thing happened with rtx 2080 after launch but it got solved in 1 month 

You can do that with any card. Literally any card will return dozens of forum posts about driver issues. Be it AMD, Nvidia or even some ARM Mali Threads. This just shows that users are bad at handling their software. In 90% of cases, the issue is usually that the person didn't install the drivers at all or used crap like GFE and the AMD suite to install the driver on top of older drivers making a massive mess. Drivers are fine, people are idiots in most cases

22 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

You can do that with any card. Literally any card will return dozens of forum posts about driver issues. Be it AMD, Nvidia or even some ARM Mali Threads. This just shows that users are bad at handling their software. In 90% of cases, the issue is usually that the person didn't install the drivers at all or used crap like GFE and the AMD suite to install the driver on top of older drivers making a massive mess. Drivers are fine, people are idiots in most cases

nah amd software is (was) shit... or at least that was the case when i used it the last time.. Relive crashing at least once every few days for the first 2 months I've used it.. only a few updates later the issue disappeared.. but i was so happy when I switched back to nvidia.. it just works without any issues.. however nvidia RTX gpus are way too overpriced.. which is why i am willing to switch back to AMD if they ever release a GPU that competes with nvidias high end offering

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

Just now, berny22 said:

nah amd software is (was) shit... at least it was when i used it the last time.. Relive crashing at least once every few days for the first 2 months I've used it.. only a few updates later the issue disappeared.. but i was so happy when I switched back to nvidia.. it just works without any issues.. but way too overpriced.. which is why i am willing to switch back to AMD if they ever release a GPU that competes with nvidias high end offering

Funnily enough, I had pretty much the opposite experience. I used Radeon from the 5000 series till the R9 200 series, then went with Maxwell (followed by Pascal) and the Nvidia drivers were a nightmare with GeForce Experience corrupting an OS image twice. Now I'm no expert, but I'm fairly competent. The issues have wound down as of the past year but Nvidia's drivers had lots and lots of problems that most people don't experience - same with AMD. It's mostly about setting things up right. Not installing the bloatware that they ship and etc

Well idk what you were doing, but I haven't had any software or driver (not just from nvidia) corrupting my OS image ever.. installing software and drivers it is pretty straight forward in most cases.. don't know what set of circumstances had to occur for that to happen.. anyways AMD software did work after a few updates, but it felt fairly limited and featureless compared to nvidias.. or it is just that I got so used to nvidia software.. i have no problems switching back to AMD as long as they release something that competes with nvidia

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

32 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Yeah but read any article it litteraly states over and over again about major drivers issues with that card. What you are saying is user error what I'm saying is manufacturing error

1 minute ago, Pauleft said:

Yeah but read any article it litteraly states over and over again about major drivers issues with that card. What you are saying is user error what I'm saying is manufacturing error

Thing is - they got fixed quite quickly. This is how product launches are these days - release is broken. One month later it's all fine.

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Thing is - they got fixed quite quickly. This is how product launches are these days - release is broken. One month later it's all fine.

Well I'm guessing that's true but one thing that is a fact the stock is stupidly limited I had to snipe a red devil 

3 minutes ago, Pauleft said:

Well I'm guessing that's true but one thing that is a fact the stock is stupidly limited I had to snipe a red devil 

Basically the same thing when I was buying Pascal. Imagine how overjoyed I was when I got home, DDU-ed, plugged it in, installed the driver and it instantly spat out a BSOD cause of a driver panick :D - I ran Microsoft Basic Display for a week before a stable driver came

26 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Basically the same thing when I was buying Pascal. Imagine how overjoyed I was when I got home, DDU-ed, plugged it in, installed the driver and it instantly spat out a BSOD cause of a driver panick :D - I ran Microsoft Basic Display for a week before a stable driver came

Well yep I am waiting when in 5 years nvidia will find a proper way to say that their gpu is definitely worth 2grand for the basic version

1 minute ago, Pauleft said:

Well yep I am waiting when in 5 years nvidia will find a proper way to say that their gpu is definitely worth 2grand for the basic version

It's not a BSOD, it's a nightlamp :P

The prices even in 2019 are absurd not only with PC parts but with everything else like the iPhone. It's the same thing every year yet they make it more expensive by like $400 for a bigger screen.

I'm having a good time with the new 19.9.2 AMD driver for my 5700 XT.

Prior to that one things were a bit sketchy.