New PSU under 50$

Sa1tama

1 minute ago, OrionFOTL said:

Impossible to tell without knowing what the PSU is for.

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What are you using it for?

I believe you are asking the specs of the computer; In that case:

CPU: i5 3570

Mobo: Asus P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

Ram: HyperX DDR3 8x1gb 1866mhz

GPU: GTX 1050

HDD: Toshiba 1TB 

I know that this parts don't require 600 watts, but I am planning to build a new rig with ryzen and an RX580, so I want to buy a good PSU now and use it in the future rig.

Assuming this is going in a computer the one thing you don't want to cheap-out on is the PSU. 600W for $50 is pushing your luck quite a bit that it'll be a reliable unit.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

Assuming this is going in a computer the one thing you don't want to cheap-out on is the PSU. 600W for $50 is pushing your luck quite a bit that it'll be a reliable unit.

Yeah, I know, but it is really hard for me to save money, plus, I noticed a really good deal on RX 580 and I don't want to miss it.

BTW, the PSU I am using now is a ticking bomb, which might explode at any moment, so I really need to get a new one as fast as possible.

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Yeah, i had a friend with a low end thermaltake psu like that and if i remember correctly it kept rebooting the pc until it exploded? Not sure on the explosion part but it sure got replaced lol

1 minute ago, Sa1tama said:

Yeah, I know, but it is really hard for me to save money, plus, I noticed a really good deal on RX 580 and I don't want to miss it.

BTW, the PSU I am using now is a ticking bomb, which might explode at any moment, so I really need to get a new one as fast as possible.

Well if you can try to use the PSU Tier List as a guide here:

I think I heard @LukeSavenije was working on some list? Maybe there's another one I should be pointing you to?

28 minutes ago, Sa1tama said:

so I want to buy a good PSU now and use it in the future rig.

just get a CX550 and you are set for any consumer config. 

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

I think I heard @LukeSavenije was working on some list? Maybe there's another one I should be pointing you to?

yeah, it's an adition to it, not a replacement

and as you may note, i'm still in the team, and will continue to be. it's pretty much just an advanced version