Build for my Parents.

acidydragon

Hello all! Today I get the great pleasure of making a build for my parents! We've discussed the parts quite heavily, as well as opinions helped from the build planning section here.

I've got the parts all picked out (and ordered), and they're on their way through the mail. :D

All of the parts I'll list are for their build, except the 780, that's for me. Their GPU will be my MSI Twin Frozr 2 7850.

Parts:

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($139.99 @ TigerDirect) 
Motherboard:  MSI 760GM-P34(FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($53.66 @ Newegg) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card  ($529.99 @ Newegg) 
Case:  Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($91.77 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1288.33
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-03 07:19 EST-0500)

That's all I have time for right this moment. All parts are ordered, and on their way :)

Parts are arriving, and pictures will be posted soon of what I've gotten :D

Mmm... Pictures.
Pictures while building were taken by my friend (not a photographer), so they're so/so, but you the idea :)

ZRC6Sdx.jpg
v0duCuJ.jpg
QbQOlzW.jpg
R5JEgTB.jpg
uJNWxWi.jpg

Forgot to take a picture of the internals... :o

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Wrong section.......;)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

are your parents gamers? cool parents. 

i suggest getting a better mobo.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

At this point I realized I'm going to have clearance issues with the RAM and be cooler. My solution to this, will be that I will replace my parents Ram with the RAM that is in my personal rig. The RAM in my personal rig is Kingston 16 gigabyte 1600 mhZ.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Also it's low profile, which was the important part.

Parts ordered from Amazon, and Newegg.

Amazon expected delivery 2/5/14.

Newegg expected delivery 4-7 business days.

No it isn't, he has ordered the parts. 

Yes it is, he posted it before he was able to post pictures. Might as well wait for the chance to post pictures and not disappoint people if you're going to post in Build Logs.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

are your parents gamers? cool parents. 

i suggest getting a better mobo.

Yeah, this looks like a "budget" gaming PC with all the money put into the GPU.  I'm amused that gaming parents exist.  I suspect this will be a more common occurrence in the future.

if your parents are not gamers its a bit of overkill dont you think 

As @jdrage97 said, its quite overkill but if your parents are gamers you probally have the best damn life ever.

Atleast his parents let him build a nice case. most parents buys a complete build in a store.

Guys did you read? The 780 is for him.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Guys did you read? The 780 is for him.

Yep.

My parents do some gaming, and they also refuse to renew their equipment in a timely fashion.

Their current tower, is over twelve years old, and they're only updating, because it can't do even the most basic of things (like internet or email.)

Updates, and pictures to come in the next day or two! Most of the stuff is arriving today (Thank you Newegg for not using all 7 days you could have), getting everything but the Motherboard, GPU, PSU, and Win 7 today.

• 4 weeks later...

Pictures up :)