Logitech g903 double click replacment advice

Hello, I bought a g903 back in 2017 and it has worked great up until recently it has been double clicking. I just received the replacement and I looked it up and many people have double clicking issues with the g903. Do you think it would be best to sell the replacement and go with a different mouse/brand and if so which mouse? (i have not opened the replacement yet, the mouse to the right in the picture is the old one). Thank you in advance

IMG-4953.JPG

I found on some Logitech Trackballs/Mice the switches go bad after awhile....I just ordered and replaced the switch on mine...cheaper than buying a new one.

This is a common issue I had the same issue just call their support and get a replacement. For future never buy Logitech wireless mice they all do the same thing. They double click after a few months 

After you got the replacement please try to stay away from wireless mice especially gaming I just don't see them being ready yet. But if you really need one go for corsair mice I heard they have some pretty good ones but still it's wireless mice 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 12:05 PM, Pauleft said:

After you got the replacement please try to stay away from wireless mice especially gaming I just don't see them being ready yet. But if you really need one go for corsair mice I heard they have some pretty good ones but still it's wireless mice 

It's  not an issue with a wireless,  it's  just Logitech for some reason using sh@|t cheap chinese microswitches in their mouses instead of Japanese  omron ones. It's all over internet . Logi  have problems with RMA on mouses because they cheaped out on micros.

On 9/29/2019 at 9:49 AM, creative_ltu said:

It's  not an issue with a wireless,  it's  just Logitech for some reason using sh@|t cheap chinese microswitches in their mouses instead of Japanese  omron ones. It's all over internet . Logi  have problems with RMA on mouses because they cheaped out on micros.

I guess I was wrong idk Logitech is a great company but their wireless mice are sketchy 

If you can find a new G900 they use a different switch (rated for 20million not 50million clicks)and issues were not widely reported with this mouse. I've been using this mouse for 3 years which of course is massively anecdotal but for what it's worth it's still working fine

On 9/29/2019 at 2:49 PM, creative_ltu said:

I watched a video on it and although I can't remember the specifics it's apparently not an issue with the switches but how the mouse delivers power to them. I believe logitech are using omron switches, which also you will find in some of the cheapest Chinese mouse. I don't think they're a particularly expensive part. 

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Do you still have the original mouse?
Both it and the replacement can be fixed permanently (may need more applications) by using this.

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-D5S-6-DeoxIT-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B00006LVEU/

You just have to get the spray inside the tiny microswitch plunger (making sure its depressed when spraying), which will take a bit of work.  Only use the straw to depress the plunger--too much pressure with another object could damage the internal mechanism.  Spray liberally, and you may need repeated sprays.  After several washes in the spray, the mouse will be good as new.  You can do this without opening the mouse shell-there is just enough leeway on the mouse button levers to access the tiny switch button with the straw.  Remember to only spray when the button is depressed in since you're trying to flood the internal housing with the cleaner.

Works for the G900 also.  

The G502 will require shell removal to access the switches as the levers are rigid and have no give (which means replacement mouse feet-hotline games feet are nice and good and there is a popular hong kong ebay store for those feet).