Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker!!!

Aliairstinger

Oh dang she broke her kyber crystal

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

I'm stoked - I'm almost certain that some of the big reveals in the trailer are misdirection of some sort, but it still looks epic, and tells us a few different things.

1. There is going to be a huge space battle. We see a fleet of what appear to be modified Imperator Mk 1 class Star Destroyers. They appear to be waiting in some sort of hiding ground - perhaps in a nebula or some other astronomical anomaly. I suspect this is an old Imperial fleet that is mothballed or in stand-by deep storage. We can see lights on in some of the windows on pretty much all of the destroyers that are close enough to make out details.

We know they are Imp I's because of the conning/navigation/sensor tower on top of the bridge. However, the underside of the hull is heavily modified - the main hanger is either closed shut or missing altogether. And the front hanger has been replaced entirely with a big ass fucking gun - some kind of artillery-class turbolaser, perhaps.

The big question is who owns this fleet, and is it fully operational? Is it a secret First Order fleet? I would say hard no. If they had that kind of firepower, they could simply invade the New Republic and at least go toe-to-toe with the Senate Fleet - likely being able to overpower it (Seriously, if you count, there are probably well over 100 destroyers - note: I have not counted).

So there are two other hard possibilities in my mind:

Option A: This is an old Imperial fleet that was mothballed after the battle of Jakku, after the Empire signed the peace accords.

Option B: This is some kind of secret fleet - possibly related to Palpatine in some manner (Perhaps a new "Sith" faction that worships Palp's ghost, or is related to the old Sith order in some manner). Perhaps simply it came from one of the factions that split during the early fall of the Empire.

We also see a small rebel (I mean Resistance) Strike Force. A Squadron or two each of X-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings, and Y-Wings. We also get a CR-90 Corvette - this is rumoured to be Tantive IV, but there's not much to that claim yet. The last thing in the fleet is some kind of small freighter - similar in size to the Millennium Falcon, but it's clearly not a YT-1300.

2. Dark Side Rey - this could mean anything. The close-up on her face looks... off. Like, Android, Clone, possessed, dead-eyed, etc. This could simply be something from a vision. This could also be a possessed-by-Palps-Rey. Or Rey could have legit fell to the dark side.

Some are speculating that this could be Rey being possessed or lured to the Dark Side by Palps (ghost of), and might happen early on in the movie.

I personally think it's either a vision, or something intentionally misleading. I don't really see her falling to the dark side - but if they do go full-on Ghost Palps, I could see possession being a thing.

Either way, looks great. They are hoping to pull all three Trilogy eras together, including Prequel/Clone Wars.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

49 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I'm stoked - I'm almost certain that some of the big reveals in the trailer are misdirection of some sort, but it still looks epic, and tells us a few different things.

1. There is going to be a huge space battle. We see a fleet of what appear to be modified Imperator Mk 1 class Star Destroyers. They appear to be waiting in some sort of hiding ground - perhaps in a nebula or some other astronomical anomaly. I suspect this is an old Imperial fleet that is mothballed or in stand-by deep storage. We can see lights on in some of the windows on pretty much all of the destroyers that are close enough to make out details.

We know they are Imp I's because of the conning/navigation/sensor tower on top of the bridge. However, the underside of the hull is heavily modified - the main hanger is either closed shut or missing altogether. And the front hanger has been replaced entirely with a big ass fucking gun - some kind of artillery-class turbolaser, perhaps.

The big question is who owns this fleet, and is it fully operational? Is it a secret First Order fleet? I would say hard no. If they had that kind of firepower, they could simply invade the New Republic and at least go toe-to-toe with the Senate Fleet - likely being able to overpower it (Seriously, if you count, there are probably well over 100 destroyers - note: I have not counted).

So there are two other hard possibilities in my mind:

Option A: This is an old Imperial fleet that was mothballed after the battle of Jakku, after the Empire signed the peace accords.

Option B: This is some kind of secret fleet - possibly related to Palpatine in some manner (Perhaps a new "Sith" faction that worships Palp's ghost, or is related to the old Sith order in some manner). Perhaps simply it came from one of the factions that split during the early fall of the Empire.

We also see a small rebel (I mean Resistance) Strike Force. A Squadron or two each of X-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings, and Y-Wings. We also get a CR-90 Corvette - this is rumoured to be Tantive IV, but there's not much to that claim yet. The last thing in the fleet is some kind of small freighter - similar in size to the Millennium Falcon, but it's clearly not a YT-1300.

2. Dark Side Rey - this could mean anything. The close-up on her face looks... off. Like, Android, Clone, possessed, dead-eyed, etc. This could simply be something from a vision. This could also be a possessed-by-Palps-Rey. Or Rey could have legit fell to the dark side.

Some are speculating that this could be Rey being possessed or lured to the Dark Side by Palps (ghost of), and might happen early on in the movie.

I personally think it's either a vision, or something intentionally misleading. I don't really see her falling to the dark side - but if they do go full-on Ghost Palps, I could see possession being a thing.

Either way, looks great. They are hoping to pull all three Trilogy eras together, including Prequel/Clone Wars.

Damn, you got a lot of detail out of that lol. Nice.

I really hope there's gonna be a giant space battle lmao. They're so cool to watch with how good modern CGI has gotten.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

54 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Damn, you got a lot of detail out of that lol. Nice.

To be fair, I watched about 1-1.5 hours of breakdown videos, so I saw a lot of stills, slow replays, etc. And the info about the Star Destroyer came from some people who took a screenshot and blew up the brightness on the image, which revealed a ton of detail, specifically on the underside of the destroyers.

Also, they confirmed the destroyers have red striping on the top outside edge of the Wedge (upper hull) of the destroyers. This appears to be the same destroyers we saw on the bright-lit desert planet in the first trailer from a while ago.

54 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I really hope there's gonna be a giant space battle lmao. They're so cool to watch with how good modern CGI has gotten.

It looks to be pretty much confirmed at this point. Thank god.

The Battle of Scarif in Rogue One was amazing, but too small scale. I want that, times 10. Or times 100. I want to see something like the Battle of Coruscant, but where we actually stay with the battle for a good chunk of time (The background detail in the Battle of Coruscant is amazing, but Revenge of the Sith didn't focus on it for more than like 30 seconds before they zoomed in on Obi-Wan and Anakin and stayed focused on them for the rest of the battle).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)