Audiophile Myths

Cs342

have you watched the video?

ninja edit didnt mean to quote entire post,

The vid posted by Tam3n? Yes, I watched the whole thing.

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

Or the original vid? I watched the original about a month ago.

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

no, not at all the same. There are no clear definitions. Also you might not actively be able to see infrared or uv, but you most certainly are able to feel it somehow.

I can BS to anyone who can feel UV light (a sunburn from prolonged exposure does not count), and the same goes for audio frequencies greater than 20kHz at regular listening volumes. 

And if you want to make that argument about infrared, I'll laugh at anyone who wants their TV to heat up the room while watching a movie with a campfire in it.

bs I have spent 3 years finding a mixer(on my 5th) that doesnt alter/distort my music files, been through 4 amps (even bought one from tyler), and 3 dacs

mixer is to make phone calls, listen to music, game, cad, and listen to espn on my tv to the left of my 5 monitors

I find it absolutely hilarious how the first pages of this thread is everyone talking about how people who pride themselves on being audiophiles just try to brag about the things they have, how much money they have, etc.

Then this chump comes in doing that exact thing. Thank you for backing up everyone's idea that you people are blinded by your own ignorance.

Get me some popcorn, there's more fictional story telling in this thread than a hollywood blockbuster!!

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I find it absolutely hilarious how the first pages of this thread is everyone talking about how people who pride themselves on being audiophiles just try to brag about the things they have, how much money they have, etc.

Then this chump comes in doing that exact thing. Thank you for backing up everyone's idea that you people are blinded by your own ignorance.

wtf does this have to do with anything in the video plz inform me

blinded by the fact I notice differences and strive for better audio and visual experience, also makes work easier and not as boring

Watch this video it will help greatly.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Watch this video it will help greatly.

this isnt new to me this is why I rotate my gear and/or compare side by side,

also why I have bought more gear

this isnt new to me this is why I rotate my gear and/or compare side by side,

also why I have bought more gear

this video explains why half the things you have posted in this thread aren't true. You can rotate as much gear as you want, it won't change the reality of human perception or the advancement of technology.

so when I compare my headphones with diffferent components, with notes I did along time ago, getting pretty similar results(not always I know the last set I used will influence the next)

I guess everyone hears the same and all gear puts out the same sound signature

so when I compare my headphones with diffferent components, with notes I did along time ago, getting pretty similar results(not always I know the last set I used will influence the next)

I guess everyone hears the same and all gear puts out the same sound signature

The only way to truly compare headphones/amps/source files is a blind test. For that you need a decent spl meter, and a third person to do all the mechanical switching and setting up.

All these people and companies that are selling $10,000 cd players and $1500 headphones amps, telling you what you need, are little more than con artists. They make it sound like science, like you are missing something, they insinuate there is a difference that you can't hear but need,  It is all to sell you a device with a 4000% profit margin.  You don't "need" half of it and blind tests have already put to bed the file type and amp debate.

You wouldn't pay $400 for a tooth brush because the man behind the counter said it has a special statically charged plastic that attracts plaque? The moral of this story is that audio is so polluted with myths and misinformation that is generated by people who make a but ton of money from either reviewing it or selling it.  

This thread is going absolutely nowhere. I must admit that myself alongside the rest of the staff here are getting pretty sick and tired of these pointless dick waving contests about who can tell the difference between this and that. Accept the fact that it's each to his own and stop the bloody arguing about your reputation over the internet.