Audiophile Myths

Cs342

Is this actually true? Looking at all the comments I think it isn't entirely accurate

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

For the most part it is accurate. 

There is a lot of generalizing though and of course some people are going to find minute situations to disprove it. Most of the people in the comments don't post anything meaningful, it's mostly a cesspool of "no you guys are dumb"

Which is to be expected really, most people don't take it well when their outdated knowledge is attacked. 

Error: 410

Is this actually true? Looking at all the comments I think it isn't entirely accurate

Most of it is decently accurate.

Cables - Yes! GOD YES!

FLAC vs MP3 - Not always, but many times.

Rest - Pretty much

i'm a potato

Most of it is decently accurate.

So basically people who use FLAC are fools and wasting their time? how can so many audiophiles be wrong? I'm not an audiophile myself but I'm just curious

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

So basically people who use FLAC are fools and wasting their time? how can so many audiophiles be wrong? I'm not an audiophile myself but I'm just curious

Not necessarily fools.. But I would agree with the wasting their time part, yes. As for how so many can be wrong, well the audiophile community is one giant genital measuring contest. Its all about how much money you spend, how much time you spend, and how much space on your HDD you use for music.

no, this video is complete crap, logan is sponored biased, contradicts himself alot

you can head over to oc.net or headfi and see them laugh about it

remember because you cant hear the difference doesnt mean it doesnt exist,

about 10 years ago mp3 really did suck until the LAME encoder came along.  Especially if you still have anything from Napster or Kazaa.  You know, the good old days of pirated music.  That's where the myth really starts since modern high quality iTunes mp3s are indistinguishable from their CD counterparts (unless they've been mastered differently ... ugh).

no, this video is complete crap, logan is sponored biased, contradicts himself alot

If you can't hear a difference it doesn't matter if it exists or not.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Wrong on all accounts, my friend.

Also... If you cant hear the difference... Spending more money wont change your experience. You said it yourself, you cant hear the difference.

P.S. yeah you can go over to those places and see them laugh about it. They are wrong. The placebo effect is wrong. Its all one big genital measuring contest.

It might sound (marginally) better to some of they have the proper equipment for it (most don't), let alone if they can even perceive the difference in ideal conditions or if they are imagining it to sound better/volume differences. A lot of it is a circlejerk of elitism epeen. 

Is 2% increased sound quality worth 10 times the amount of storage required? 

Wrong on all accounts, my friend.

Also... If you cant hear the difference... Spending more money wont change your experience. You said it yourself, you cant hear the difference.

head over to headfi or oc.net and see them laugh

I can tell the difference between all my dacs, amps and source files

head over to headfi or oc.net and see them laugh

I can tell the difference between all my dacs, amps and source files

The placebo effect is strong with this one. Just because they laugh doesn't mean they are right. They themselves, are jokes. Also... Yeah I believe that you can hear the difference between amps. Not arguing with that part.

The placebo effect is strong with this one. Just because they laugh doesn't mean they are right.

I have 20 headphones 4 different amps and 3 dacs, I can tell the difference in each

I rotate my headphones weekly to stay away from being biased

just because your ears cant tell the difference, doesnt mean others cant,

I download FLACs if I can because there's less chance of them being upsampled crap. Also, ARRR!

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

I have 20 headphones 4 different amps and 3 dacs, I can tell the difference in each

Let me ask you this, do you have the proper tools to even set the volumes? You can have all the headphones in the world for all I care. 

unless you have 5$, 50$, and 250$ AMPs/DACs I don't believe you at all. 

If you can't hear the difference then why spend hundreds of extra dollars to not hear the difference?

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

Nobody said you cant tell the difference between separate headphones... Thats not what this is about. Derp. Same with amps. This is about MP3 vs FLAC, Cables, and Sample Rates.

We're not talking about small differences that more sensitive ears may be able to pick out. We're talking about frequencies that NO human ear can tell the difference in.

If you can't hear the difference then why spend hundreds of extra dollars to not hear the difference?

I can hear the difference but because YOU may not doesnt mean it doesnt exist, I may have to spend the extra while YOU can be fine with cals and a zalman with onboard

I can hear the difference but because YOU may not doesnt mean it doesnt exist, I may have to spend the extra while YOU can be fine with cals and a zalman with onboard

Daredevil is that you? 

5wzxiSl.png?1

I'm not talking about the difference in onboard sound and a dedicated card. It's no secret that dedicated is better. I'm talking about things that it are literally impossible for the human ear to distinguish that audiophiles claim to be able to hear.

I'm not talking about the difference in onboard sound and a dedicated card. It's no secret that dedicated is better. I'm talking about things that it are literally impossible for the human ear to distinguish that audiophiles claim to be able to hear.

what does this have to do with anything