Best CPU Cooler for FX 8350 For Highest OC Possible?

Probably anywhere above a 4.0Ghz to around 4.5Ghz maybe even 4.6Ghz if you're pretty darn lucky with air heatsinks

Using pre-done watercooling units the same maybe even higher with the thermal threshold reduced

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

If you want to air cool, I would recomend a Noctua NH-D14 or a Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme. If you wish to water cool, the Swiftech H220 is not a bad choice and the dual 120mm or dual 140mm liquid AIO from Corsair are a good choice, The NZXT Kraken x60 is not that bad either. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

SetWidth300-19.jpg

For liquid helium. 

Well that escalated quickly.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Custom loop with waterblock. 360 rad and 3 very good fans.

That should take you above 5Ghz without throttling.

Well for the BEST CPU cooling possible you probably want a LN2 setup but I got a feeling that isn't feasible.

If you aren't comfortable making a custom loop things like the H100i and other 240mm Radiators are your best bet.

Without using a custom loop or some liquid material that requires a metal container and gloves, the Water 3.0 Extreme I've heard is really nice. 

"Rawr XD"

It's not the cpu getting hot that causes the throttling. I can run mine up to 4.8Ghz without going over 60 Celsius.

The board throttles at any speed from 4.0Ghz and upwards but only when folding or benchmarking.

The problem is the VRM's on the board. I am sending my UD3 back and have already ordered a Sabertooth that has much better VRM cooling.

Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme is just about the best of the air coolers but watch out for those pesky VRM's.

Nothing to see here - move along.

You're not gonna hit much past 4.6GHz unless your batch came before the FX-9590/9370's even with custom loop.