Just installed 4 drives into my computer but only 2 of them shows up in BIOS/disk manager?

Elbow
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

Do you have an M.2 SSD (Sata or NVME, doesn't matter)  installed in the top M.2 slot? That causes two SATA ports to turn off:

image.png.4cbae5ec9af5978d85e698c7c7b311e6.png

EDIT:

to make it a bit more clear, the SATA 3 ports 4 and 5 are the bottom two SATA ports:

image.png.e7db2e2cd7f88fed6403ba74a72a6434.png

So as title says I've installed 4 X 6TB WD reds yet somehow two of them aint showing up, I could understand it if it was only one since it might be a production error or damaged in shipping but with 2 it's probable that the issue is at my end. I tried switching SATA-cables as well with a spare but unless I have 3 broken ones at random that shouldn't be the problem either and I can tell from the vibrations that they're running but just not found by the system.

I've also made sure that the drivers are up to date, I've ran Windows Memory Diagnostics but as said the drives still don't show up in disk manager, device manager and BIOS. Anyone knowledgeable about these kinda issues that could fathom a guess as to what the problem might be? I've tried googling for an hour now and I swear if I read one more article where the solution is ''hurr just enable them in disk manager silly'' I'm going to start smashing my head against my wall.

Using Windows 10, Aorus Z390 Master (Gigabyte Bios) and the drives are WD60EFAX.

Do you have an M.2 SSD (Sata or NVME, doesn't matter)  installed in the top M.2 slot? That causes two SATA ports to turn off:

EDIT:

to make it a bit more clear, the SATA 3 ports 4 and 5 are the bottom two SATA ports:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

1336483735047.jpg

16 minutes ago, Minibois said:

EDIT:

Yeah just checked my MOBO manual and saw the same thing, got all 4 of them working now!

Thanks a lot for the help mate! Time to attempt making a raid 10 in bios and come back crying again i 5 minutes haha.

11 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Yeah just checked my MOBO manual and saw the same thing, got all 4 of them working now!

Thanks a lot for the help mate! Time to attempt making a raid 10 in bios and come back crying again i 5 minutes haha.

Good luck with the RAID setup!

Don't have much experience with that sort of stuff in a desktop (rather than NAS), but RAID 10 IMO is the best of both worlds in terms of speed and reliability to get up and running quickly.

P.S. feel free to press this button on my previous post, if the answer was sufficient. Helps people with seeing the original question was answered :P 

image.png.3e763d1dc6a5d4f93abf86b214490b43.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/