The Cooler Master HAF X Is a Piece of %@#$

LamoidZombieDog

I have a Cooler Master Haf X Case, and have had it since my Current PC Build that was done about a year ago. The day i built the PC i regretted purchasing this over priced piece of scrapmetal. One of the 5.25" Supports had to be bent because it was warped and made the slot to small to fit anything, so i had to bend it back a little, causing it to get scratched, The Case was all Plastic and the window wasnt glass, The Giant Fan covers half your Computer Inside, Both side panels were warped and did not stay on right, It took a year to get it replaced, and the window came with what looked like a Knife cut going down the window, The Origional Side panel was missing a fake plastic bolt to hold the plastic window on, After only a year the Side fan loves to randomly click loudly for a bit then go away, Same for the top fan, it suddonly just now started clicking and so much more. This case is a complete piece of garbage, and i hate it. im done with cooler masters bull****, Lack of support and **** Quality.. im looking for a good ATX case if anyone can suggest any, i would prefer if it was available for purchase on ebay, and under about 125$.. i like having 5.25" Bays but if i could find a nice Full Glass case, then its not Required. i do require a glass window on the side, and would love a nice Full glass Case.

ive been looking at a Darkflash case that comes with 6 RGB fans, it looks nice, ive heard from a few people here darkflash isnt the best brand.. And if anyone wanted to purchase this case, as it is in perfect condition other then the 2 slight scratch you cant see from the outside, and the 2 Fans rarely but sometimes clicking for a few minutes, it is in perfect condition.. i want it gone once i find a new case :P

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Wasn't that case released like 15 years ago...?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Fractal Design Define R6/S2/Meshify S2? depending on how many hard drives and sound dampening you want 

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Wasn't that case released like 15 years ago...?

no, but it is a bit of an older case, supposively they stopped making it a little bit ago and everyone wants to find new ones now or something

1 minute ago, Mr.Humble said:

Fractal Design Define R6/S2/Meshify S2? depending on how many hard drives and sound dampening you want 

The R6 has no glass, the S2 is very Plain. the meshify S2 is the only one id consider, it does look pretty nice. i have 3 250GB SSDs and one 4TB HDD, though id like to turn that into 1 750GB SSD. as long as the PC is fairly quiet im fine

i also forgot to note, i would like to have USB C on the case, though its not required. and i would like the case to be able to handle a water cooler.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

6 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

The R6 has no glass

it has a newer version with USB-C and tempered glass side panel. it can handle an aio on the top or front if you remove the drive cages. The Meshify S2 lacks sound dampening on the other side panels but the front allows for better ventilation. 

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

1 minute ago, Mr.Humble said:

it has a newer version with USB-C and tempered glass side panel. it can handle an aio on the top or front if you remove the drive cages. The Meshify S2 lacks sound dampening on the other side panels but the front allows for better ventilation. 

ill have to look more into it tommorow 

I had a HAF X for a while.  A friend of mine still uses his for his rig, and wants to keep it for his next build. 

The side panels do indeed warp as the case ages (which is pretty normal, even my 3.5 year old Define R5 also has some warping going on nowadays). 

My main gripe with the HAF X is dust filtration.  It has filters, but those are pretty ineffective and especially the PSU filter is a joke.

Just now, Captain Chaos said:

I had a HAF X for a while.  A friend of mine still uses his, and wants to keep it for his next build. 

The side panels do indeed warp as the case ages (which is pretty normal, even my 3.5 year old Define R5 also has some warping going on nowadays)

My main gripe with the HAF X is dust filtration.  It has filters, but those are pretty ineffective and especially the PSU filter is a joke.

mine came with major warp righbt out of the box. and the fans shouldnt be dieing after a year

1 minute ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

mine came with major warp righbt out of the box. and the fans shouldnt be dieing after a year

Yeah but the case is literally 10 years old, so can you look at when your case was manufactured?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah but the case is literally 10 years old, so can you look at when your case was manufactured?

how can i check that? through the serial number?

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

how can i check that? through the serial number?

idk, some cases have the date of manufacturing hidden somewhere on the case.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

idk, some cases have the date of manufacturing hidden somewhere on the case.

yeah i would have no clue how to check

i bought it from newegg 1 year ago

t5p5q9v1.png

2 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Linus did an unboxing of it in May 2010, so it's a pretty old design.

oh shit

Yeah my box diffidently did not look like that.From pictures it looks like a nice Glass and metal case. when you get it, you see the crap Quality. i will never buy from cooler master again after this. i think they stopped making it? so now everyone wants new ones.. so i guess ill sell mine since it has the new doors and stuff and hopefully someone will want it once i get a new case. its 175$ new, if i get even 75$ id be happy tbh. i would like 100 tho

I bought my HAF 932 back in 2010 / 2011.

It was a good case...back then...PLENTY of airflow, lots of space to work with, compatible with long video cards, lots of case fan mounting points...

But it's not very good now, especially in 2017 ~ 2019.

Mine has been collecting dust for the last 2 ~ 3 years in my basement now (need to get rid of it while I can still sell it for some value).

Yes, as the other have said, the metal side panels do tend to warp a bit over time.

The clear side window is not glass...because glass panels were not really a thing back in 2008 ~ 2011 ... it was all about acrylic side windows.

The 5.25" drive bays up at the front... why even have 5+, let alone even one ... when DVD-RW / optical drives are not used much now.

That's why Cooler Master FINALLY  refreshed the HAF product line with the MasterCase H500 -series cases.

They are basically the successor of the HAF 912 / 922 / 932 / X, where they focus on high air flow (HAF).

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

HAF X was a baller case back in the day. I actually miss the side door 200mm fan. After that case I had to go liquid to get the same level of performance.

Ah well. Everything is glass these days.

12 hours ago, -rascal- said:

I bought my HAF 932 back in 2010 / 2011.

It was a good case...back then...PLENTY of airflow, lots of space to work with, compatible with long video cards, lots of case fan mounting points...

But it's not very good now, especially in 2017 ~ 2019.

Mine has been collecting dust for the last 2 ~ 3 years in my basement now (need to get rid of it while I can still sell it for some value).

Yes, as the other have said, the metal side panels do tend to warp a bit over time.

The clear side window is not glass...because glass panels were not really a thing back in 2008 ~ 2011 ... it was all about acrylic side windows.

The 5.25" drive bays up at the front... why even have 5+, let alone even one ... when DVD-RW / optical drives are not used much now.

That's why Cooler Master FINALLY  refreshed the HAF product line with the MasterCase H500 -series cases.

They are basically the successor of the HAF 912 / 922 / 932 / X, where they focus on high air flow (HAF).

i hadf mainly bought it because of the 5.25" Bays. in mine i have all of them full, with 2 CD roms, a USB hub, 2 drawers and a fan controller..

24 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

i had mainly bought it because of the 5.25" Bays. in mine i have all of them full, with 2 CD roms, a USB hub, 2 drawers and a fan controller..

Ah, I see...

That said, there are STILL more up-to-date cases that meets your 5.25" drive bay requirements.

I personally moved on to a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe TG; it still has 4x 5.25" drive bays, and a 3.5" / 2.5" HDD cage.

That said, the entire case is essentially modular -- everything is screwed together, no rivets.

It has a controller / hub on the back side of the motherboard tray, so you can plug all your fans into that, and control them through BIOS / software / etc.

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Luxe-TemperedGlass.html

BTW, 5.25" drawers...I like that.

tenor.gif

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

I still have my old HAF 922 in my garage. It still has the Asus P7P550-E LX mobo, I3-750 cpu and Thermaltake SpinQ cooler in it. 
I actually had it working a few months ago when I got bored. 

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb (4x8gb) DDR4 (3200 MHz)

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro

Corsair H115i Platinum AIO

EVGA 750 GQ

In a Cyberpower PC X-Titan case

On 8/20/2019 at 4:14 AM, Captain Chaos said:

Linus did an unboxing of it in May 2010, so it's a pretty old design.

This video belongs in a museum