Need a RGB CPU Cooler for Ryzen 5 2600

tukars
Go to solution Solved by Origami Cactus,

I run the Deepcool Gammax GT RGB edition, it is a nice cooler, keeps the cpu cool, certainly much better than stock cooler.

It also looks better than the cyrorig LUMI in my opinion, as it has a rgb symbol, not the company name on top.

Image result for deepcool gammaxx gt rgb

I live in the UK and I currently run the stock wraith stealth/spire (not sure) cooler. My ryzen 5 2600 is overclocked to 3.9Ghz however I have to run the CPU fan at maximum speed to get any reasonable temperatures. At idle it runs at about 45C under mid load about 65C and under max load 85C.

I would like to be able to run at 4GHz (I know it is possible) at much cooler temperatures to what I currently have.

The requirements are that it has RGB and has nice aesthetics,its not wide (Does not cover RAM slots since I would like to put RGB sticks in there as well) under 161mm (nzxt says this is the max).

My Budget is £50

So far the only ones I have seen are:

Deepcool Gammax GT (£35.47 incl. shipping)

Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Edition (£36.51)

There doesn't seem to be that many other options but I really want the RGB bling inside my case (its all black and really dark).

The only other option I can think of is getting a different cooler remove the stock fan and install an rgb fan on top but that might not be the best solution (?)

It needs compatibility with the RGB on my Asus rtx 2060 strix and future compatibility of gskill rgb ram so that they can run in sync with each other.

If listing fans can you offer temp performance comparison, loudness all at certain fan speeds including other factors that might affect it such as ambient temperature, thermal paste used, cpu used

also a comparison to something like a corsair h100i just for reference

thanks for the help :)

I run the Deepcool Gammax GT RGB edition, it is a nice cooler, keeps the cpu cool, certainly much better than stock cooler.

It also looks better than the cyrorig LUMI in my opinion, as it has a rgb symbol, not the company name on top.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

yeah... but out of budget

yup. isnt that a requirement for RGB?

32 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Why would you ever go for that over the Deepcool Gammaxx GT RGB?

The coolermaster is less rgb, but same amount of heatpipes.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

51 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

seeing this, I think the RGB definitely looks better on the deepcool so I think I'm gonna stick with that, it was originally what I liked the most anyway :)

don't see any other alternatives I like at a reasonable price (I can also upgrade case fans with left over money)

17 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Why would you ever go for that over the Deepcool Gammaxx GT RGB?

The coolermaster is less rgb, but same amount of heatpipes.

Looks aside, the Hyper 212 RGB BE performs a bit better. 

https://www.eteknix.com/arctic-freezer-34-esports-duo-review/5/

https://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/cooler_master_hyper_212_rgb_black_edition_review,9.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.