King of 1080p gaming

Torm

Hello all, 

I'm wondering if you could advise me about my next upgrade to my PC. I recently bought 1080p 144Hz monitor so I'm all about that raw FPS instead of upgrading to 1440p. My current rig can be viewed below. So I'm debating whether it is time to upgrade my current GPU AMD RX480 8G. People would most likely suggest upgrading to RX580, but is it with it? And if I go something like RX5700 or 1660ti or 2060S isn't it overkill? Also what about my PSU? Would 550 Gold Seasonic handle it? 

I use my PC solely to game. I play the most World of Warcraft but I like to try out new games also. When I hit 30 FPS in newest Tomb Raider it was kinda a wake up call. 

My rig (FYI CPU is OC'ed to 4.7GHz): https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Tormirian/saved/jVbrVn

The list is private, can't see what rig you have

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

30 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

The list is private, can't see what rig you have

Fixed, it should no longer be private. 

12 minutes ago, WereCat said:

RX580 is basically RX480 OC. There is absolutely no point to get the 580.

That's basically what I'm coming from. If I would upgrade it would have to be something like RX5700 or 1660ti or 2060S, but is that something interesting for me? Would it be worth it for 1080p high FPS Gaming? 

Just now, Torm said:

Fixed, it should no longer be private. 

That's basically what I'm coming from. Is it even worth upgrading to something like RX5700 or 1660ti or 2060S?

the performance difference is large enough for it to be worth it, look at benchmarks and decide for yourself if the fps increase makes sense to you 

The RX 570 is the 1080p king. You have an RX 480 which performs very similarly, so..unless you want 60fps ultra on every game, I don't see a reason to upgrade.

An RX 5700 would be a good upgrade, or 2060/2060 Super if you really want ray tracing. I wouldn't upgrade yet, I'd give it another generation. It may also be worth waiting for the RX 5600 which should be here soon, as that will be the Polaris successor.

3 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

The RX 570 is the 1080p king. You have an RX 480 which performs very similarly, so..unless you want 60fps ultra on every game, I don't see a reason to upgrade.

An RX 5700 would be a good upgrade, or 2060/2060 Super if you really want ray tracing. I wouldn't upgrade yet, I'd give it another generation. It may also be worth waiting for the RX 5600 which should be here soon, as that will be the Polaris successor.

Since I already have 144 Hz monitor I would like to get above 60 FPS, if I could get to something like double that number I would love it. Haven't considered RX5600 which could be the way to go. Interesting thought. 

5 minutes ago, Torm said:

Since I already have 144 Hz monitor I would like to get above 60 FPS, if I could get to something like double that number I would love it.

go with 5700/xt, (although it shall be heavily held back by your i3... but you could upgrade to ryzen)

i dont think 1660ti will satisfy your monitor on ultra setting

21 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

The RX 570 is the 1080p king.

No, GTX970 is the King for 1080p 60fps high settings

nearly identical (stock) perf as RX570 but release 2.5yr earlier than the 570

not to mention 970 overclocks pretty good but its MSRP was sure higher 

Outside of the stutter you will experience with the 8350k. The rx 5700 would not be a bad pickup.

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Outside of the stutter you will experience with the 8350k. The rx 5700 would not be a bad pickup.

CPU is the next in the line after GPU. But I will probably have to update PSU as well, not too excited about that ?