why you SHOULDN'T buy a Seasonic Focus (Plus) (Gold/Platinum)

I recently purchased an RTX 3060 and wondering if I will have issues with my current PSU? It's an SSR-750FM purchased in November of 2018. Thanks!

9 hours ago, keytray said:

I recently purchased an RTX 3060 and wondering if I will have issues with my current PSU? It's an SSR-750FM purchased in November of 2018. Thanks!

With RTX3060 - no.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

• 2 months later...

This is my current setup, also my PSU is a 750w Titanium Seasonic PRIME and I've been getting FPS hitches in games like Fortnite, and Mortal Online 2. Never had a power down though. Should I upgrade the PSU or is it just the most recent nvdia drivers/unreal engine?

unknown.png

14 minutes ago, mstrbubbles said:

and I've been getting FPS hitches in games like Fortnite, and Mortal Online 2

That's not a PSU issue.

2 hours ago, --SID-- said:

That's not a PSU issue.

Thank you, I just wanted to make sure. I will try to downgrade the drivers and see if that fixes it. I've tried with all different settings and the hitches don't stop. They didn't happen when I used a rx6700xt. I did use safemode/DDU to uninstall the drivers., as well as redoing windows entirely. Mortal Online 2 is an Unreal Engine game. 

I also have my CPU/Ram overclocked and even when turning that all off and trying different XMP settings it still hitches. I will probably make a new thread if nothing seems to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
Seasonic Focus Gold GX 750W

Is this model ok? To power a 3070 ti. 

Hopefully I didnt screw up, i just saw this thread now.

edit: nevermind, just read the 1st post.

• 1 month later...

I was in a bit of a rush and ordered a seasonic focus plus 750w platinum before doing enough research. I'm going to be putting it in a pc with a RTX 3070 and a 5600x.

Should I return it and get a different PSU? I've heard that transients on 30 series cards are pretty bad.

Here's the exact model/link I ordered from: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1365559-REG/seasonic_electronics_ssr_750px_focus_plus_750w_platinum.html

4 hours ago, Jdashi said:

I was in a bit of a rush and ordered a seasonic focus plus 750w platinum before doing enough research. I'm going to be putting it in a pc with a RTX 3070 and a 5600x.

Should I return it and get a different PSU? I've heard that transients on 30 series cards are pretty bad.

Here's the exact model/link I ordered from: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1365559-REG/seasonic_electronics_ssr_750px_focus_plus_750w_platinum.html

You're fine, the Transient stuff on the Focus series has been fixed, no need to return it.

I had issues with a Seasonic X-850 and a 3080 but they warrantied it almost at the 10 year mark.  I switched to a RM750x but I'm pretty sure everything has been ironed out by now that was 2020 or early 2021 (got the 3080 October/November 2020).

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator