xbox one s digital games transfarable?

mohabed96

hi, so im looking to buy a second hand xbox one s, and many ads say the console comes with several games that are stored digitally, so my question is, when i buy the device, and the owner signs out, wil the games still be playable or are the liscenses stored/connected to his account? 

No, the games are not transferable, and selling accounts is against the TOS. Previous owner's games will remain playable only for as long as the console is set as their Home Xbox, which you obviously can't trust a random seller to maintain infinitely. All this combined with everything you can get legitimately with Game Pass, those advertised digital games hold no value, don't pay for them.

I'd instead consider investing in a 2TB model (declutter), subscriptions, and depending on your tastes, perhaps an Elite Controller. Microsoft seems to still be running a Game Pass Ultimate campaign, so what you can do is top up Live Gold (it's usually cheaper than Game Pass) and then pay 1€ to convert all of it into Game Pass Ultimate, which includes Live Gold and Game Pass.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:39 AM, tatte said:

No, the games are not transferable, and selling accounts is against the TOS. Previous owner's games will remain playable only for as long as the console is set as their Home Xbox, which you obviously can't trust a random seller to maintain infinitely. All this combined with everything you can get legitimately with Game Pass, those advertised digital games hold no value, don't pay for them.

I'd instead consider investing in a 2TB model (declutter), subscriptions, and depending on your tastes, perhaps an Elite Controller. Microsoft seems to still be running a Game Pass Ultimate campaign, so what you can do is top up Live Gold (it's usually cheaper than Game Pass) and then pay 1€ to convert all of it into Game Pass Ultimate, which includes Live Gold and Game Pass.

I ended up buying a 1tb model with no games and two normal controllers. because Im not a serious console gamer. i recently bought a sharp tv and the picture quality is great, but it has only netflix and youtube, no plex, hbo or any other apps, and we dont have the amazon fire stick in norway, so cheapest 4k streamer is the chromecast at 700kr (90 usd). I bought the xbox for just 1200 nok, and it has all the apps I need, so for 60 usd more I got a console that can stream, game and play 4k bluray. to be honest the only games that will be played are rocket league and maybe some fifa XD, so spending the money on the 2tb model and the elite controller is waste. Im guessing you would have thought the same if I gave the backstory in the inital post, but i did not want to bore people :)