Honda is offering 5 of it's concept cars to be downloaded and 3D printed.

Acura-NSX-Concept-II.jpg

The company is offering 3D printing data for five of its concept cars for free. The options include the recent NSX concept to the FSR Concept that dates back to 1994. The FSR Concept was supposed to illustrate the company’s vision for safer cars and included a navigation system with real-time updates.

Source: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/01/honda-releases-concept-car-3d-printing-data.html

Downloads: http://www.honda-3d.com/no_flash.html

Thanks honda, now i can finally download a car (there is that phrase... "Well, you woudn't download a car" "I would , if i could")

Computer companies, your move... I want to 3D print ram and graphic cards.

Signatures are stupid.

That's not a Honda car...

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Oh, the irony...

Not my fault... It's what is in the article.

Signatures are stupid.

3D print your car?

But...will it work?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Looking at the pic, is that an Acura? If it is It's not far from honda

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Oh, the irony...

Not my fault... It's what is in the article.

Acura and Honda are one in the same. Acura is Honda's luxury brand and is usually not seen inside Japan.

Acura and Honda are one in the same. Acura is Honda's luxury brand and is usually not seen inside Japan.

I think he already got the point :P

But I always wonder why do car manufacturers make special brands/models for the north American market. I've never seen an Acura or Infiniti and only a handful of lexuses.

And for the models I can imagine north Americans having similar needs to people in Europe for example

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

But I always wonder why do car manufacturers make special brands/models for the north American market. I've never seen an Acura or Infiniti and only a handful of lexuses.

And for the models I can imagine north Americans having similar needs to people in Europe for example

Yeah y u burri miiiii?

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

That is really good. If they are not gonna produce them themselves, then it's really nice that they let the public play with their designs. Good move Honda

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

3D print your car?

But...will it work?

Concepts, not real 100% working prototypes. Just the simple 3d model, check the website. SO nope you still can't download a car :P

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Concepts, not real 100% working prototypes. Just the simple 3d model, check the website. SO nope you still can't download a car :P

I'm sad... ;_;

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I'm sad... ;_;

Im making a good screen shot of them atm, they are really not that advanced. It's just fun to see them. I'll add a pic to this post once the render is done.

Edit: Render done, insane polycount; over 90000

D9hsL.jpg

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

They do it so it won't tarnish their own name if the car isn't accepted or to make it feel like a domestic brand.

Acura, Scion, Lexus, Datsun etc.

Loads of countries do it including the US. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badge_engineering

As previous posters have mentioned, Honda and Acura are one within the same.

Similar to Toyota being the parent company of Scion and Lexus

Mini and BMW

Chrysler and Jeep

Surprisingly a lot of brands are tied to one another.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

That's the new NSX. Honda is a parent company to Acura. The NSX will be sold as an Acura in the U.S. and Honda almost everywhere else.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Different market. People in European markets are more sophisticated and want different features then North American buyers. Then people like me who want the nice cars that are in Europe either have to pay a premium, or deal with crappy American cars.

As previous posters have mentioned, Honda and Acura are one within the same.

Similar to Toyota being the parent company of Scion and Lexus

Mini and BMW

Chrysler and Jeep

Surprisingly a lot of brands are tied to one another.

Not really the same thing as Mini and BMW. Toyota for example created Scion and Lexus. Same with Honda who created Acura. BMW on the other hand, bought Mini. So they didn't have the same people working on minis and bmws. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Acura = Honda

Lexus = Toyota

Common for Asian brands to have sub-brands for different markets.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Not really the same thing as Mini and BMW. Toyota for example created Scion and Lexus. Same with Honda who created Acura. BMW on the other hand, bought Mini. So they didn't have the same people working on minis and bmws.

Thanks for the correction

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

• 2 weeks later...

They are usually the same car platform, just fancier, and both of them are sold in the US. I can go buy a Honda or an Acura, a Nissan or an Infinity, etc.

Another one is Cadillac is the fancy version of Chevy/GMC. An Escalade is just a Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon with more features standard and slightly different body effects/interior that you pay a premium for.

3D print your car?

But...will it work?

Will it blend?

My rig: Case: Cooler master storm scout

CPU: I5 3570k - Ram:  8Gb Kingston HyperX Blu

GPU: GTX 660 - Sorage: 2-1TB WD black;  120 GB samsung 840

-snip-

Source: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/01/honda-releases-concept-car-3d-printing-data.html

Downloads: http://www.honda-3d.com/no_flash.html

Thanks honda, now i can finally download a car (there is that phrase... "Well, you woudn't download a car" "I would , if i could")

Computer companies, your move... I want to 3D print ram and graphic cards.

dat 140TB tho... (or was it 14TB? I can't remember)