Finally, Some "Competition"!

Team Newegg has announced their new schedule of releases. They are:

Tuesdays and Thursdays - Yolk'd (their short #TheWANShow version)

Wednesdays - Q & Egg (Q & A), and finally...

Fridays - a livestream...

so... the details first: Newegg's livestream will be at 3 PM onwards, meaning, it could still be streaming while The WAN Show goes live at 4 30 (considering Linus and co. aren't late) This is actually interesting. But one thing's for sure: I'm gonna watch their livestream, and as soon as they're still streaming and #TheWANShow goes live, my poor internet (1.5 down, .5 up) will be endlessly raped over and over again until it surrenders (or survives). Newegg's stream will also be a good pasttime while waiting for Slick's channel to go live for the pre-stream (where all of the problems "show up", some will not appear until the show has started)

What's your thoughts on this?

What's your thoughts on this?

While I do love the newegg team, I don't like the fact that they are restricted by their employer. If you notice they will never praise, bash, or list any negatives about a product or company, they will just unbox it , explain it and be done with it. This is obviously because they work for a retailer, and they have to stay impartial and not put their own personal opinions on products into videos. You could say the same about the NCIX youtube channel where they have to do the same thing... 

Because of that, I feel like their livestream will end up kind of boring... If it was a livestream outside their job though, it would probably be awesome. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

I've only watched the WAN show live once anyways... it's at 3 AM here so perhaps I could watch the beginning of Neweggs actually.... This does change things O.o

Anyways I won't be botherd to stay up for that actually even if it is earlier.

But here WAN over Newegg, no offence to Newegg members like Kyle, I still love you guys.... :wub:

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

They both get to wait until the archive come up because at 3/4PM I'm at damn work and not home til 630PM

well 4 30 is like 8 AM on my time, so that means Newegg's stream will be 7-ish... but one thing's for sure I'm sleeping at that time, unless i try to wake up very early. However, I'm currently developing a habit of waking up at 4 30 in the morning (my time again)

While I do love the newegg team, I don't like the fact that they are restricted by their employer. If you notice they will never praise, bash, or list any negatives about a product or company, they will just unbox it , explain it and be done with it. This is obviously because they work for a retailer, and they have to stay impartial and not put their own personal opinions on products into videos. You could say the same about the NCIX youtube channel where they have to do the same thing... 

Because of that, I feel like their livestream will end up kind of boring... If it was a livestream outside their job though, it would probably be awesome. 

I agree, but I'll try and watch it, and then I will find out what I think about it :P

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

I agree, but I'll try and watch it, and then I will find out what I think about it :P

I'll definitely watch their livestream too (I actually quite enjoy their yolk'd videos so....) 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

I doubt your doubt... Newegg's fanbase are just the same as Linus' (although I am wrong...)

more... just depend on iif the people know that newegg has a show lol. pretty sure most dont.

I doubt your doubt... Newegg's fanbase are just the same as Linus' (although I am wrong...)

idk man guess we'll see

I think that Linus really became THE SOURCE for me only when he left NCIX. IMO, the most credible Youtubers should be independent. I understand that they all need corporate sponsorship as well (and all the big tubers have endorsements), but at least they don't actually stock and sell the products that they're talking about.

Newegg is a store, not a tech opinion source. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5