GTX 960m TERRIBLE performance! Pls Help!

T-6732
1 minute ago, adm0n said:

Well at least it doesn't produce as much heat, as it could, so it is probably not doing all that much.

What doesn your GPU-Z say about the 960, when you are running furmark?

It's colder than normal, because I changed thermal paste and put fan speed onto 100%. And what GPU-Z says you can see on the screenshot.

In your screenshot you are showing GPU Z for your intel GPU, you can choose which GPU to look at in the box at the bottom of the window.

8 minutes ago, adm0n said:

Well at least it doesn't produce as much heat, as it could, so it is probably not doing all that much.

What doesn your GPU-Z say about the 960, when you are running furmark?

Oh, sorry! Didn't realise! Here I selected the right GPU...

Screenshot (7).png

Maybe check what HwInfo says? That software has lots of sensors on it and detects all different types of throttling.

7 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

Maybe check what HwInfo says? That software has lots of sensors on it and detects all different types of throttling.

Screenshot (9).png

Try going to userbenchmark and running their benchmark suite. It gives you a comparison of your score to other identical hardware results and it will be clear to see if you are underperforming or not. 

I suspect there is a genuine problem as ive played games on a 940m whichbia significantly worse with playable frame rates on low end games 

1 hour ago, Jay Deah said:

Try going to userbenchmark and running their benchmark suite. It gives you a comparison of your score to other identical hardware results and it will be clear to see if you are underperforming or not. 

I suspect there is a genuine problem as ive played games on a 940m whichbia significantly worse with playable frame rates on low end games 

Userbenchmarks excludes the graphics test and refuses to bench it.

Do you maybe have a weird background tast, that takes up all the performance, a coin miner for example? (let GPU-Z run without furmark on)

Shit man idk something is definitely wrong. What game do you have as a reference point for us? Resolution, preset and FPS?

10 hours ago, adm0n said:

Do you maybe have a weird background tast, that takes up all the performance, a coin miner for example? (let GPU-Z run without furmark on)

Screenshot (10).png

Well, not nice for you. Then the last thing I'd try (I think someone else already suggested that), get a linux live USB stick, make sure you have all the drivers and run something there to see if it is some weird windows issue ...

2 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

Shit man idk something is definitely wrong. What game do you have as a reference point for us? Resolution, preset and FPS?

CS:GO at 1080p on low ran with 30-50 FPS, but in a YT video it ran at 150-200 FPS and Squad, where I got 10 FPS on 1080p low, but in another YT video it ran ran at 30-60 FPS.

5 minutes ago, adm0n said:

Well, not nice for you. Then the last thing I'd try (I think someone else already suggested that), get a linux live USB stick, make sure you have all the drivers and run something there to see if it is some weird windows issue ...

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna try that in a few days...

6 hours ago, T-6732 said:

CS:GO at 1080p on low ran with 30-50 FPS, but in a YT video it ran at 150-200 FPS and Squad, where I got 10 FPS on 1080p low, but in another YT video it ran ran at 30-60 FPS.

When running CS:GO if you run task manager can you see the GPU load on the dGPU?

Linux may not show you anything.  If it uses optimus, you can't test the gpu without installing Linux and setting up some pretty complex stuff.

Reinstalling windows is likely a better option.