What is the safest way to run dual boot and server.

I have a PC with two SSD.
One SSD is running Windows 10.
One SSD is running Linux Mint (since mint became unstable I am thinking to change for latest Debian).

I use win 10 mainly for video game.
I use linux for PLEX and (Nextcloud in a virtual machine storaged on another to be able to open it from diferent software incase linux crash).

That's the main configuration about hardware.

My question is what is the best way to setup Dual boot when each system are installed on diferent drive?

Recently my Linux Mint can't boot it's says:
Couldn't get size: 0x800000000000000e MODSIGN: Couldn't get UEFI db list Couldn't get size
(Am not able to fix that i tried but... and am probably not enough qualified on linux for fix that).

Then fortunately I didn't lost my Nextcloud because it was saved on a virtual machine so I moved it to windows and been able to recover it.

By installing LINUX and WIN10 physically on two diferent drive I expected avoid this boot problem.

If you have a sugestion about a better way to setup dual boot to avoid to lost my server on linux i would appreciate.
Also does it have a way to make a copy or data save of the boot or the system itself to prevent cannot access Linux because the boot error?
If I am not clear enought let me know, but I really wish find help to create a better stable system with the possibility to recover it easily when it crash.

I'd suggest manjaro if all your programs work on arch, has been way more stable for me

I'll just link @Sauron here to be sure

Spoiler

you can be proud sauron, I'm spreading (semi-)arch

I heard about manjaro and I have no experience on Arch linux, from your own experience did you found it easy as debian for example?

the easiest and safest way is to install them on separate drives with the other drive disconnected. given your needs however I think you'd be better off with a virtual machine.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

the easiest and safest way is to install them on separate drives with the other drive disconnected. given your needs however I think you'd be better off with a virtual machine.

Do you also recommand me to give up Linux Mint and go to Manjaro for more stable system?
If I go for Virtual Machine, wich linux you recommand me as base OS?

7 hours ago, Rikimaru said:

I have a PC with two SSD.
One SSD is running Windows 10.
One SSD is running Linux Mint (since mint became unstable I am thinking to change for latest Debian).

I use win 10 mainly for video game.
I use linux for PLEX and (Nextcloud in a virtual machine storaged on another to be able to open it from diferent software incase linux crash).

That's the main configuration about hardware.

My question is what is the best way to setup Dual boot when each system are installed on diferent drive?

Recently my Linux Mint can't boot it's says:
Couldn't get size: 0x800000000000000e MODSIGN: Couldn't get UEFI db list Couldn't get size
(Am not able to fix that i tried but... and am probably not enough qualified on linux for fix that).

Then fortunately I didn't lost my Nextcloud because it was saved on a virtual machine so I moved it to windows and been able to recover it.

By installing LINUX and WIN10 physically on two diferent drive I expected avoid this boot problem.

If you have a sugestion about a better way to setup dual boot to avoid to lost my server on linux i would appreciate.
Also does it have a way to make a copy or data save of the boot or the system itself to prevent cannot access Linux because the boot error?
If I am not clear enought let me know, but I really wish find help to create a better stable system with the possibility to recover it easily when it crash.

I’m have a post open on the Plex forums. I was told that the latest version of Debian is a little buggy. I’ve been looking to move my Plex server over to something more stable than Windows 10. Was suggested Ubuntu LTS version. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 hours ago, Rikimaru said:

Do you also recommand me to give up Linux Mint and go to Manjaro for more stable system?
If I go for Virtual Machine, wich linux you recommand me as base OS?

Manjaro isn't any more stable than Mint. Given you want to run it as a server I'd recommend Debian.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

12 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I’m have a post open on the Plex forums. I was told that the latest version of Debian is a little buggy. I’ve been looking to move my Plex server over to something more stable than Windows 10. Was suggested Ubuntu LTS version. 

Thank you for your feed back, if i have to go Ubuntu i would give a try to "POP OS"

11 hours ago, Sauron said:

Manjaro isn't any more stable than Mint. Given you want to run it as a server I'd recommend Debian.

That confirm my doubt I will look for "Debian 10" and "POP OS" thanks.