Delete

oskar23

Definitrly get a police report. If nothing else, you can use the report as documentation to deduct the stolen cash from your taxes (if applicable, albeit apparently a complex process).

Seems tax rules have changed somewhat and deductions of stolen cash are significantly more difficult.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Tell her you'll have the place (and specifically the boxes) checked for fingerprints. 

If she then admits she took it, break up with her, call the cops and press charges.  You don't want to be with someone who steals from you whenever it suits her.

If she doesn't say anything, have the boxes checked for fingerprints and press charges against the thief no matter who it is.  If it is her ... I guess you know what to do about the relationship.

I would contact the police and have them take prints if they can. I would then tell them who the immediate people I suspect were so they can do some investigating.

How much cash are you talking? Police won't normally take fingerprints for something like this unless it was a violent crime where someone was badly injured/killed or if it was a large amount (10s of thousands). If you're missing $50 they won't care.

Even if they do bring in forensics unless they have your family and girlfriends fingerprints on record it will be useless if you suspect them. Police won't be able to force them to provide their fingerprints without reason to suspect them or reason to charge and process them. They can't just go on a witch hunt processing the fingerprints of a bunch of people you might suspect to find the culprit.

Fingerprints do not prove someone committed a crime. All fingerprints do is say that a person at some point in time touched where there fingerprints are located. Since you're suspecting people who live with you and who have access to your apartment, even if you did find their fingerprints on the box it would not prove that they took the money. They could easily explain their fingerprints on the box by saying that they moved the box while cleaning, or something similar. 

3 hours ago, okar said:

I dont believe this is happening. I had money saved in cash in my drawer in phone  boxes. It was counted and  notes were saved how much i had. 

Get a bank account. 

Get a bank account.

Get a bank account.

Get a bank account.

Get a bank account.

3 hours ago, okar said:

My main suspect become  my girlfriend.  

Break up with her. Regardless if she took it or not, you suspect that she would steal from you. Either she's stealing from you or there's a lack of respect and trust in the relationship. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Call. The. Police.

Get. A. Bank. Account.

Stop. Whining. On. Here.

Get a police report, don't let anyone touch the box. 

Let this be a lesson, NEVER KEEP CASH IN YOUR HOME.

You're literally wasting money by keeping it in a box instead of making more money by investing it or simply having it be in a high interest rate saving account.

I'm also thinking it's the girlfriend. Who else knew about this little box filled with money of yours?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

insurance

insurance wouldn't cover it if there's no evidence of a break in

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒