Help me decide..wait on AMD or get Intel

Since Intel has dropped the price of the 9900k and the shortage of AMD components I've been on the fence.  I'm initially planned to hold out for the 3900x and build that, however with recent gaming bench marks I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of trying to find available hardware to build a 3900x build.  That being said... is it worth the wait?  I'm using the 2080 as a place holder, I plan on getting the EVGA 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra. Either way I have to wait for that GPU to come back in stock. Any feedback on the part lists below would be appreciated.  Thanks!

My usecases:

Mainly gaming

Some software development

Some virtualization (most of this I do on AWS anyway so a beefy computer isn't needed perse).

Intel 9900k build:

AMD 3900x Build:

3 minutes ago, yarn said:

not worth it, get an aircooler. 

overspending on storage.  no need to get NVMe

4 minutes ago, yarn said:

AMD 3900x Build:

yes you should be going with this build

PCIe 4.0 NVMe drives will offer slightly better software development performance. I9-9900K still rules in gaming, but not by much and not in all titles.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

not worth it, get an aircooler. 

overspending on storage.  no need to get NVMe

yes you should be going with this build

As per the cooler, I initially planned on getting the Noctua but since changed. I realize the performance of Noctua would be better but going with looks on this one.  I might change my mind last minute though. 

1 minute ago, yarn said:

As per the cooler, I initially planned on getting the Noctua but since changed. I realize the performance of Noctua would be better but going with looks on this one.  I might change my mind last minute though. 

look at bequiet offerings, Arctic. Fryzen 

those are all good. 

Wait for the 3900X (or 3950X) to be available again - the 9900K is just not worth the money considering you lose out on 4 cores/8 threads, features such as PCIe 4.0 and have no upgrade path.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Wait for the 3900X (or 3950X) to be available again - the 9900K is just not worth the money considering you lose out on 4 cores/8 threads, features such as PCIe 4.0 and have no upgrade path.

3950x would be ideal.. However I have been waiting for the 3900x since before their release ?.  

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I would wait for the 3900x too. You are giving up 50% more cores/threads for the same cost.

1 minute ago, yarn said:

3950x would be ideal.. However I have been waiting for the 3900x since before their release ?.  

Then wait for stock - should be back soon. Losing 50% of your performance because of impatience is not a good idea imo.