It's official Lenovo is buying Motorolla.

Assassin

This was posted on Google's blog.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/lenovo-to-acquire-motorola-mobility.html

Edit: This was on Motorola's blog:

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/2014/01/motorola-to-join-lenovo-to-create-truly.html

We’ve just signed an agreement to sell Motorola to Lenovo for $2.91 billion. As this is an important move for Android users everywhere, I wanted to explain why in detail. 

We acquired Motorola in 2012 to help supercharge the Android ecosystem by creating a stronger patent portfolio for Google and great smartphones for users. Over the past 19 months, Dennis Woodside and the Motorola team have done a tremendous job reinventing the company. They’ve focused on building a smaller number of great (and great value) smartphones that consumers love. Both the Moto G and the Moto X are doing really well, and I’m very excited about the smartphone lineup for 2014. And on the intellectual property side, Motorola’s patents have helped create a level playing field, which is good news for all Android’s users and partners.

Damn. Why so soon? I wish they done something more with Motorola than just acquire patents. 

Also what about Ara now? I hope they do something with it. Really liked the idea. 

Also couldn't access the Tech News Section for some reason. Option is grayed out so had to post it here.

post-18995-0-72611500-1391044274.png

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

it should work now

thanks!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I saw that on Anandtech.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7726/some-thoughts-on-lenovos-acquisition-of-motorola-mobility-from-google

Motorola operated under Google, but Google played hands of with the company itself. So it's not as bad as you think.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Why should I care? If only it was Motorola. (stealth typo correction)

Well the industry seems to think that Motorola is still valuable maybe we should as well.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Aww, why Motorola? Why? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????? :'(

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Sneaky. Just edited your post eh?

Needed to, because when it was originally posted (the article), it only stated the Lenovo acquired Motorola, and that was it. The article has since been updated, therefore I updated my OP.

COMIC SANS