German Union suing YouTube for billions over unfair conditions for Creators

WariorWolf
10 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Don't talk if you don't know what you're talking about.

Shapiro's events are cancelled because most campuses are ran by """progressives""" that cannot counter his arguments. When the events do go through, turn out is excellent. When they don't, there are rallies demanding free speech.

This is not about money. It never has been. It's about controlling the narrative and smearing opposition.

Turnout  is always very good from what I hear, But I watched several videos where he himself said why his events are cancelled.  He even addressed a government hearing on the matter and pointed out that the reason many of his events get cancelled is because people protest and threaten violence at the events until security claim they have to shut it down.

You are now confusing the problem with controversy and the outcomes.

What google does is purely a money thing,  what advertisers do is purely a money thing, the reason they do it is because controversy turns customers away.  Nestle don't give a fuck about babies in Africa, about working conditions in china and they certainly don't give a fuck about your political persuasion or which videos you want to watch, but they do care about revenue so if a video pisses off half their consumers (who don't like the same content) then they don't want to be associated with it, ergo they pull they ad money. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 hours ago, candle86 said:

Simple solution, Germany likely doesn't count for more than .5% of YouTube's revenue so I'd just block Germany and wash my hands of it.

Based on numbers on numbers of users, (not watch time or whatever), more than 2% was Germany.

UK is just slightly more than Germany.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

-= Locked =-

This has gone down the perverbial drain.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER