I need help choosing a monitor.

1. Is it worth it for me to get the minimal delay? Im not a competitive gamer, im more of a casual player. i will be playing a ton of minecraft. Should i go for the better IPS display or go for 1ms delay? Is the delay noticeable? 

2. Based on what you answered for the first part, what is a good display for ~150 or less (USD).

Thanks

Here is my  build that i plan on purchasing if for some reason you need it 

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/drewtc.jones/saved/3zUm

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

If you were doing literally anything but Minecraft I would recommend a 144hz monitor but just go for an IPS.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

If you were doing literally anything but Minecraft I would recommend a 144hz monitor but just go for an IPS.

Are you kidding me? A 144 Hertz monitor for minecraft? 

Are you kidding me? A 144 Hertz monitor for minecraft? 

I hate to be the guy who says "Did you read my post" but did you read my post?

I hate to be the guy who says "Did you read my post" but did you read my post?

Yes. I have seen that you told him to get an IPS but why the hell would anybody need 144 Hertz to play minecraft? 

The response time doesn't realy matter for a person like you a lot the 1ms monitors are not proven to have a noticeable affect for an average person only people with sharp senses can maybe differantiate on the other hand linus always comments on having flat / close to reality colors but this is maybe also not for you if monitors have color plattes that make colors a bit more popping it might seem nicer for some people. Just food for thought.

Yes. I have seen that you told him to get an IPS but why the hell would anybody need 144 Hertz to play minecraft? 

Please refer to my post. I quote myself saying "if you were doing literally anything but Minecraft". Ill just go ahead and add in terms of gaming. Yeah IPS is also for photography and artwork.

1. Is it worth it for me to get the minimal delay? Im not a competitive gamer, im more of a casual player. i will be playing a ton of minecraft. Should i go for the better IPS display or go for 1ms delay? Is the delay noticeable? 

2. Based on what you answered for the first part, what is a good display for ~150 or less (USD).

Thanks

Btw, if your only playing minecraft, why would you need 16gb of ram? Same with the graphics card? 

Diamond 5 in League :)

Thanks

Also, you don't need 700 watts, grab a 550 at most, MAYBE a 600.

Btw, if your only playing minecraft, why would you need 16gb of ram? Same with the graphics card? 

lol you have a good point but i want to max out my games when i play, BF4, COD, All the amazing PC exclusives. but i see what youre saying

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

Also, you don't need 700 watts, grab a 550 at most, MAYBE a 600.

i wanted a overhead because i plan on grabbing another 780 classified in the coming future

lol you have a good point but i want to max out my games when i play, BF4, COD, All the amazing PC exclusives. but i see what youre saying

Understandable, bf4 usually plays better with more ram, for some reason, but I still recommend going down to possibly 12gb? I don't want to sound rude, but its really unnecessary to have 16gb of ram for your build. Instead you could switch to like 2400mhz ram just for the lolz?

Understandable, bf4 usually plays better with more ram, for some reason, but I still recommend going down to possibly 12gb? I don't want to sound rude, but its really unnecessary to have 16gb of ram for your build. Instead you could switch to like 2400mhz ram just for the lolz?

i completely get what youre saying and ill probably do so

What? That's bs. 

what?

The way response times are measured varies depending on who you're asking. In short, the spec they put for response times along with several other specs are bull. Ignore them. 

If you feel a supposedly specc'ed 1ms display is faster than a 5ms or even 14ms display, it's most likely just the placebo effect. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.