System boots in to windows at vary different speed at different locations

A coworker has an HP ultrabook and it will boot up and load windows at various speeds depending on if he is at home or in the office. I checked for bloatware, virus, and malware but the system is clean. when we boot it here in the office it only takes 1-2 minutes max to get logged into windows but when he takes it home it takes 10-15 mins to log in to windows. any ideas on causes of this slowdown? I asked about possible thermal throttling but he uses a cooing pad at home and it runs fine at the office even with stress testing.

Could be various things. A few things you can test IN THIS ORDER

• Disable Fastboot - Rules out incomplete shutdowns due to hybrid state f***ery

• Compare safemode (WITHOUT networking) at both locations - Rules out NIC and any non-Microsoft apps
    If issue still occurs with this and previous step done, I wouldn't know what to tell you

• Compare safemode with networking at both locations - Brings the NIC back into the equation, but leaves out any non-Microsoft Apps still
    If previous step resolved the issue, but the issue reoccurs during this step, likely something along the lines of Microsoft Update downloads being limited on the work network (not uncommon), and the PC is grabbing those all at once when it get's home

• Disable Startup apps
    Work specific apps such as endpoint protection programs and other company specific apps can assume they're on the work network and may be causing issue. Try preventing non-Anti-Malware apps from starting with the PC until it's connected to the work VPN (if you have one)

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Maybe it's Windows looking for the domain hence it takes longer to log into his laptop at home?

When I had connecitvity issues with my PC at work, it would take forever before Windows displayed a connectivity error message.

1 minute ago, SenioRR said:

Maybe it's Windows looking for the domain hence it takes longer to log into his laptop at home?

My guess as well. 10 minutes is a typical timeout for trying to apply group policy.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro