How much is needed to run gta online 60 fps

Mando772004
Go to solution Solved by Paul Rudd,
4 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

GTA online is alot more hefty than story mode ill tell you that rn

You better believe it. Extra assets to load in + more people to load in + what all these people are doing inside the lobby. That right there is to blame for the fps drops. Imagine what just you and what you are doing does to fps then times that by 20-30(people). If all 30 people blow things up at the same time, fps will drop dramatically.

It took me years to realize the sentences you just read. Once you understand it and see it for yourself, a sigh of relief actually happens because you finally know what has been causing it. Thousands of people have no clue because they most likely don't always play games with MSI Afterburner running. I don't game without it.

So i have a ryzen 5 2400g with a 1660 ti and 16gb ram 3000mhz but i usually run online 50 to 70 fps but most of the time its 60 or lower is it because of my cpu because i a video of a r7 2700x and a 1050 ti running on very high settings and its getting way more frames on story mode (100+fps) and i usually on very high on story mode get 60 to 80 fps which is nice but the main focus is online also im pretty sure a 2700x with a 1050 ti would get way better fps than my rig only in gta online so i want to know which perfect cpu should i get i want something not so expensive but atleast worth it. does anyone have any suggestion?

I was able to get 60 fps reliably with a 4770k (very similar CPU performance) and a GTX 660 (massively less powerful than your 1660 Ti), so it's really all just a matter of settings.  You shouldn't have to upgrade your hardware to improve performance (although a more powerful CPU would still help).  Some settings improve the look a lot without adding much load, others are very demanding without really changing the look all that much.  You have to find a balance.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Turn off the advanced settings. They cause major performance drops. Upgrading your CPU won't yield better results.

Is XMP enabled to get your ram at its rated speed?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

23 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

I see. When you run single player, what settings do you use for population density and the like?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I see. When you run single player, what settings do you use for population density and the like?

i will screenshot and show you @fasauceome

but just to be clear i have it installed on probably a 10 year old hdd wdc green but when switched to my nvme i didnt gain any extra fps

@fasauceome there is an update and i cant do it now but there are 3 sliders in the settings i think i have all of them maxed i remember that and everything also maxed

@5x5 what will ddu help in exactly cuz all ik is im just gonna be reinstalling my drivers and yes ik it wipes it completely off my computer but im not sure if itll do anything cuz i did this before and it didnt add any extra frames

3 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

@fasauceome there is an update and i cant do it now but there are 3 sliders in the settings i think i have all of them maxed i remember that and everything also maxed

Those sliders are all settings that are hard on the CPU. If you take them from max to 3/4 or so you might see a performance increase.

Primary PC:

Just now, InfernalClaw said:

but are they useful? @fasauceome

Useful sliders? I mean, it's a lot like graphics quality, having them at maximum is better but not necessary. Not like more NPCs is required or anything

Primary PC:

48 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I was able to get 60 fps reliably with a 4770k (very similar CPU performance) and a GTX 660 (massively less powerful than your 1660 Ti), so it's really all just a matter of settings.  You shouldn't have to upgrade your hardware to improve performance (although a more powerful CPU would still help).  Some settings improve the look a lot without adding much load, others are very demanding without really changing the look all that much.  You have to find a balance.

the issue isnt just about gta its about i see people with r5 2600 which isnt that much more powerful of a chip compared to my 2400g get much much much higher fps to the point that its not even funny @Ryan_Vickers

Just now, InfernalClaw said:

the issue isnt just about gta its about i see people with r5 2600 which isnt that much more powerful of a chip compared to my 2400g get much much much higher fps to the point that its not even funny @Ryan_Vickers

Again, it's important to make sure everything else is the same.  If you're comparing CPUs but they're also running a lower resolution or lower settings, then that would make it looks better than it is.  I can't know for sure what's going on in terms of your setup or what you're comparing to.  One idea that comes to mind is to benchmark your system with an established and trusted standard like firestrike, cinebench, etc. and compare to other results.  If you are scoring the same, then your hardware must be working fine and the performance difference is a matter of game settings.  If your results are much lower than you'd expect, then we may have to do some troubleshooting.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

this video for example fortnite on epic settings for him runs at the same fps i run it on only textures an viewdistance and post processing epic rest is off or set to the lowest possilbe option and my fps on fort is limited to 144 and it stays 144 when i looting usually fighting makes it drop to like 120 but you can totally see the difference

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Again, it's important to make sure everything else is the same.  If you're comparing CPUs but they're also running a lower resolution or lower settings, then that would make it looks better than it is.  I can't know for sure what's going on in terms of your setup or what you're comparing to.  One idea that comes to mind is to benchmark your system with an established and trusted standard like firestrike, cinebench, etc. and compare to other results.  If you are scoring the same, then your hardware must be working fine and the performance difference is a matter of game settings.  If your results are much lower than you'd expect, then we may have to do some troubleshooting.

i ran heaven benchmars and got a score of 3567 and alot of people told me my pc is getting very good scores @Ryan_Vickers

in the video he is using 1080p like me and he is using 3000mhz ram like me i just dont get how is that possible even though fortnite for example is gpu dependent than it is cpu @Ryan_Vickers

Stop believing every fake YouTube "performance" video you see. A lot of them are not real. In this case, if your bench scores are normal, then it's either setting related or the video is fake. Simple as that.