Dealing with Shoulder/ neck pain when gaming

dgsddfgdfhgs

when we are too focusing on our games / phones, we will forget that we might be in a bad position and you get muscle fatigue and pain in return....

so another question pops out:

Whats the difference between "muscle fatigue" vs muscle training like in the gym ?

should we get stronger after long term gaming? (I know , but why not?)

It may be something else.

I am a gamer but I was also a 3D graphic artist. Eight hours of work and 3 hours of gaming was the norm for me. When I thought I got muscle fatigue it turned out to be degenerative disk disease and it was caused by keeping my head still for long periods at a time. 

What you need to do for gaming is improve your posture by not leaning forward and not looking down. 

The center of your monitor should be at the center of your line of sight.

Your head get really heavy if it is past the vertical so sit erect.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

You don't use that may muscles when gaming or using the computer. Consider a better chair or try to sit with your back straighter, improve posture. I the same neck pain when driving for a while, because I sit a little forward in the seat. 

From my understanding.

Proper muscle training will work the muscle evenly throughout its entire range and includes stretches that help maintain flexibility, muscle fatigue (especially form sitting at a desk or holding a minor set of positions) only causes restriction of moment as you strengthen only parts of the body and aren't moving enough to facilitate good blood flow.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

• 1 month later...

Muscle fatigue is the decline in the ability of a muscle to generate force. It can be a result of vigorous exercise or lifestyle
Exercising to train your muscle to withstand your lifestyle as your young. 
Here's a few facts on back pain one should know.

It does not matter what people do for hobbies or career. Vigorous exercise should be a daily habit for all. People with disabilities can still find ways to vigorously challenge their bodies. Many of the best gamers are very physically fit. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

Improve your posture, buy a quality office chair, and raise your monitor. 

99% of the muscle and back strain you get while gaming or working comes from sitting on a crappy uncomfortable chair that's too high/too low for your table, and being hunched over like you got a weight around your neck because your monitor is too low or just badly placed. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

up right health

Guerrillazenfitness

he stopped posting on youtube but now on fb.

ya you got the right idea. just bad posture. working on releasing the neck will help and straining your back will also help keep your shoulders a line. also your pilow could be doing something also.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links