Help with budget pc build

18 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

This actually a really good alternative I’ll put it into consideration however would the  b450 be any better or no?

My personal pick would actually be a Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard, for the extra $40 you get alot more features, more space for furture RAM expansion, better thermals, as well it is a full ATX board so you have the option to add crossfire in the future

8 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

Alright I’ll consider a bigger hard drive also for the os I’m going to install windows that’s free right and then a key is like 10-15 bucks right? That’s all I know from what I’ve seen.

You don't even need a key, unless the 'Non registered' watermark really bothers you. Windows will still have 99% of its functionality - you just won't be able to switch your desktop wallpaper, I believe.

1 minute ago, goto10 said:

you can install windows without license and it will work very well, for years in fact, but will have a nice watermark in the screen telling you to buy the license

yes, there are deals on cheap licenses, just remember to install the same version of the license you plan to buy

for example, if you install windows home on that pc and then you buy windows pro, you will need to reinstall windows pro on the pc so you can use that version, so plan ahead

Thanks I didn’t know that I’d have to reinstall pro if I bought a pro license 

1 minute ago, steelo said:

I have a 1tb HDD and a 240gb SSD. A few of my Oculus games literally took 3-4 minutes to load from the HDD. I reinstalled onto my SSD and they now load within 20-30 seconds. 

Using 2x 1tb drives in my desktop with things like swap moved around to maximize performance, and I dont really have any issues with loading times.  30s or less for pretty much everything I play on the system.  The only exception would be Battletech, but that game has bad load times on most any system.

3 minutes ago, enigmakahn said:

My personal pick would actually be a Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard, for the extra $40 you get alot more features, more space for furture RAM expansion, better thermals, as well it is a full ATX board so you have the option to add crossfire in the future

What’s crossfire lmao sorry I still don’t know much about a lot of things I still have to research a lot more. And yeah I’ve seen that motherboard as well thanks for the recommendation

Just now, Mauricio26 said:

What’s crossfire lmao sorry I still don’t know much about a lot of things I still have to research a lot more. And yeah I’ve seen that motherboard as well thanks for the recommendation

Crossfire is AMD's version of SLI, it allows you to run 2 video cards in a single PC as if they were a single card***

***Usually it is supposed to work like this, your mileage may vary

1 minute ago, enigmakahn said:

Crossfire is AMD's version of SLI, it allows you to run 2 video cards in a single PC as if they were a single card***

***Usually it is supposed to work like this, your mileage may vary

Oh okay thanks I’ll look into appreciate your help!

19 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

Oh okay thanks I’ll look into appreciate your help!

dont do it, is a waste of time, sli, nvlink and crossfire are dead technologies for games, each year less and less games support it, the few ones that support it might do it wrong

if you plan to buy a gpu, buy a good one and forget the idea of have two gpus

• 3 weeks later...

So I’m in need of help with my first PC build, I’ve bought all of the parts that I have for it, except for the monitor I still have to order that actually. Anyways I just need help to get it working, I’ve watched similar guides on YouTube with the same motherboard or cpu and whatnot to try to see how to get it to work. I’m overwhelmed with the cables honestly as this  and I probably screwed up heavily. I’ve installed my ssd, my psu, my motherboard is half bsed, I didn’t put in all of the standoffs because I was having trouble inserting the motherboard into the I/O shield, I did install the ram tho and the cpu except for the stock cooler that comes with it. The installation for that is simple however the screws in it didn’t fit in so I removed it and decided to try to install it again at the end. Also the cpu has thermal paste from me trying to install the stock fan. Well,  the hardest thing for me was just connecting the cables into the motherboard, I tried reading the psu and motherboard guide as to what goes where but there were a lot of parts I didn’t recognize and so I just plugged in whatever made sense but there’s obviously errors unless the psu is just dead I doubt it. Anyways here are some pics of my attempt and the parts that I’m using in this build:

9ADC0300-F75D-4553-B001-84278147BA5B.jpeg

AB700DF4-C512-48BA-9DA6-01F6061D1B2B.jpeg

EF1FD5B9-E367-4825-B6CB-196E20D5C868.jpeg

34834C8D-2A22-4218-AA03-FF6513133644.jpeg

55AA486F-68FA-4C18-81C2-2BDDC95B710E.jpeg

9 minutes ago, emosun said:

the cpus 8 pin connector isnt connected

The one from the psu right?

10 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

The one from the psu right?

Yes, I beleive it goes here:

Screenshot_20190808-081129_Chrome.jpg.63386fd52692037f61741836104eacfc.jpg

Also, you may want to install the cooler before you boot it as Ryzen CPUs can get rather hot while booting.

20 hours ago, Catchears said:

Yes, I beleive it goes here:

Also, you may want to install the cooler before you boot it as Ryzen CPUs can get rather hot while booting.

Alright thanks I’ll install the fan before I turn it on but that’s the only thing that I was missing? And one last question that I didn’t address in my main post my bad was how to install Windows do I download it on a flash drive first and then connect it to the usb?

You should be able to create a W10 installation media on a flash drive. There are many tutorials how to do this on youtube if you need help.

9 minutes ago, Catchears said:

You should be able to create a W10 installation media on a flash drive. There are many tutorials how to do this on youtube if you need help.

Thanks again and so I connected the 8 cpu pin and the system still didn’t turn on am I missing any other cables or anything? 

47 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

Thanks again and so I connected the 8 cpu pin and the system still didn’t turn on am I missing any other cables or anything? 

Are you sure that you have installed the RAM in the correct ram slots? Have a look in the manual of your Mobo to find the correct order.

IMG-20190808-WA0001.thumb.jpg.6896e9bcc0c5287eaaf452b4d6bc23ae.jpgYou haven't installed the 20+4 pin connector properly. The 4pin slides into the 20pin connector and connect it to the 24pin on the Mobo.

Also, the 8 pin that was mentioned above.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

16 hours ago, VEXICUS said:

You haven't installed the 20+4 pin connector properly. The 4pin slides into the 20pin connector and connect it to the 24pin on the Mobo.

Also, the 8 pin that was mentioned above.

Connected the 8 pin the 4 pin connector keeps like coming off whenever I connect it

Ok nevemind I got both of them to connect to the system now however it still won’t turn on at this point do I assume it’s the psu? 

6 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

Ok nevemind I got both of them to connect to the system now however it still won’t turn on at this point do I assume it’s the psu? 

Reupload the photo of connections.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W