Help with budget pc build

So this is what I’m trying to build let me know if I can upgrade it.

AMD Ryzen 3 2200

Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD

Kingston 8GB DDR 4 2666Mhz

Gigabyte B450M Motherboard

EVGA 500 BR, 80+ Bronze 500W

Cougar MX330 Mid Tower Case with Full Acrylic Transparent Window

This is my first build and my budget is 400$ I’m not trying to go over that and so far this build is like 370 with tax included. I was just wondering if there was any recommendations or advice for my first build. 

personally i would invest in a cheaper HDD, you don't need a SSD right off the bat, i think 16GB of ram would suit you better, but that's  a personal recommendation, also if you can afford it, i would splurge a little more on you PSU, especially if you can get a silver or gold rated one all the better.

A couple of things:

-Try to get dual RAM channel (2x4 gb) if you find some on the same price point.

-Go for a 2.5 inch SSD if it's cheaper, which it usually is.

-If you plan to upgrade in the future, go for a higher wattage PSU, but yours seems fine enough...

This is with out an OS. you could save a bit by going down on the ram to 8 like you had already posted. not sure if you need the optical drive, I always include it just in case. but you could probably lose it and not be off any worse.

is the ram a single ram module or is a ram kit?

since you are going to use the vega 8 gpu in the cpu, you need fast ram and in dual channel, if you cant afford faster ram, be sure to buy 2x4 gbs ram kit

i dont like a acrylic case, it scratches just by looking at it, consider finding a case with just a very small acrylic window or just a cheap case with a glass panel

are you going to add a hard disk? the crucial is great but abit small depending on the games you will install in it

in general your build is similar to mine, nothing to report, apart than gigabyte bios is abit annoying

19 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

So this is what I’m trying to build let me know if I can upgrade it.

AMD Ryzen 3 2200

Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD

Kingston 8GB DDR 4 2666Mhz

Gigabyte B450M Motherboard

EVGA 500 BR, 80+ Bronze 500W

Cougar MX330 Mid Tower Case with Full Acrylic Transparent Window

This is my first build and my budget is 400$ I’m not trying to go over that and so far this build is like 370 with tax included. I was just wondering if there was any recommendations or advice for my first build. 

I was able to build my brother in law a similar system for around $300 with a 2200g, 250gb HDD and 8 gb or RAM. I would maybe recommend a smaller SSD for Windows (or whatever OS you plan on installing) and a cheap 500gb HDD for everything else. Windows booting up in 3 seconds is a glorious thing!

Also...very important, you need to use 2 sticks of dual channel RAM

8 minutes ago, enigmakahn said:

personally i would invest in a cheaper HDD, you don't need a SSD right off the bat,

better to get an SSD first so he dosnt need to wipe his OS when they decide that waiting ages for windows 10 to sort its shit isnt great

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Standinlyno said:

A couple of things:

-Try to get dual RAM channel (2x4 gb) if you find some on the same price point.

-Go for a 2.5 inch SSD if it's cheaper, which it usually is.

-If you plan to upgrade in the future, go for a higher wattage PSU, but yours seems fine enough...

Yeah I was going to get a dual channel ram at first like a hyper x one or patriot viper so I’ll change that rn. I’ll also try looking for that SSD as well 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($79.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-A320M-S2H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Sniper X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - SU635 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($47.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - R536-BK ATX Mid Tower Case w/500 W Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $322.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-22 13:02 EDT-0400

2 minutes ago, goto10 said:

is the ram a single ram module or is a ram kit?

since you are going to use the vega 8 gpu in the cpu, you need fast ram and in dual channel, if you cant afford faster ram, be sure to buy 2x4 gbs ram kit

i dont like a acrylic case, it scratches just by looking at it, consider finding a case with just a very small acrylic window or just a cheap case with a glass panel

are you going to add a hard disk? the crucial is great but abit small depending on the games you will install in it

in general your build is similar to mine, nothing to report, apart than gigabyte bios is abit annoying

Ima have to flash bios this right? I saw some guides that said I wouldn’t have to with the b450 I was going to get the b320 but I didn’t wanna go through the struggle of bios updating. And yeah I was considering adding a 500gb hdd for sure they’re like 20 bucks so why not.

1 minute ago, enigmakahn said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($79.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-A320M-S2H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Sniper X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - SU635 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($47.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - R536-BK ATX Mid Tower Case w/500 W Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $322.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-22 13:02 EDT-0400

This actually a really good alternative I’ll put it into consideration however would the  b450 be any better or no?

6 minutes ago, steelo said:

I was able to build my brother in law a similar system for around $300 with a 2200g, 250gb HDD and 8 gb or RAM. I would maybe recommend a smaller SSD for Windows (or whatever OS you plan on installing) and a cheap 500gb HDD for everything else. Windows booting up in 3 seconds is a glorious thing!

Also...very important, you need to use 2 sticks of dual channel RAM

Never really notice the boot times of windows with a HDD in my old desktop, standby and hibernation are great things.

6 minutes ago, steelo said:

Also, be sure to use 2 sticks of dual channel RAM!

Yeah everyone’s telling me to get dual channel RAM so I’ll do that and for sure I’m going to add a 500 GB HDD. thanks!

3 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

Ima have to flash bios this right? I saw some guides that said I wouldn’t have to with the b450 I was going to get the b320 but I didn’t wanna go through the struggle of bios updating. And yeah I was considering adding a 500gb hdd for sure they’re like 20 bucks so why not.

Unless the specific board you got had been sitting in a warehouse since before 2nd gen's release, I think you'd be fine.

A girl who loves to love.

6 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

Yeah everyone’s telling me to get dual channel RAM so I’ll do that and for sure I’m going to add a 500 GB HDD. thanks!

SSD's are fairly cheap now, you should be able to get one around $30 or so that would have enough capacity for your OS. I promise you that it does make Windows feel 'snappier'

5 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

with the r3 2200 no, no need to update bios, mine just worked with the same cpu you listed

i mentioned the annoying bios because i overclocked cpu, ram and had to fool around with other settings, bios is abit unfriendly and i ended up using ryzen master, is not bad bios, but is not that friendly

dont buy 500 gbs hard disk, buy a toshiba 1 or 2 tb hard disk, is cost effective, dont buy hard disks under 1tb, not anymore, only buy ssds on that size

7 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Never really notice the boot times of windows with a HDD in my old desktop, standby and hibernation are great things.

Sure, if you never have to reboot you don't have to deal with boot times. LOL. I did notice a huge difference in system responsiveness though once I went the SSD route.

1 minute ago, goto10 said:

with the r3 2200 no, no need to update bios, mine just worked with the same cpu you listed

i mentioned the annoying bios because i overclocked cpu, ram and had to fool around with other settings, bios is abit unfriendly and i ended up using ryzen master, is not bad bios, but is not that friendly

dont buy 500 gbs hard disk, buy a toshiba 1 or 2 tb hard disk, is cost effective, dont buy hard disks under 1tb, not anymore, only buy ssds on that size

Alright I’ll consider a bigger hard drive also for the os I’m going to install windows that’s free right and then a key is like 10-15 bucks right? That’s all I know from what I’ve seen.

3 minutes ago, goto10 said:

3 minutes ago, goto10 said:

What's BIOS? I remember a while back somebody telling me, "It's UEFI now".  LOL

Just now, steelo said:

What's BIOS? I remember awhile back somebody telling me, "It's UEFI now". I was like, wth is that? LOL

Technically its better to just call it firmware.

13 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

That is probably one of the most important pieces of advice! If you stick single channel or a single stick in, you're crippling system performance by something like 40%. Ryzen CPU's also like fast dual channel RAM sticks ?

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

Sure, if you never have to reboot you don't have to deal with boot times. LOL. I did notice a huge difference in system responsiveness though once I went the SSD route.

Err, my uptime is generally measured in months.  Even with everything in the system tweaked and OC'd a bit.

I have a laptop using a NVMe SSD, its not considerably faster.  Though my desktop does have 32gb of RAM.

4 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Technically its better to just call it firmware.

I still call it BIOS. LOL

4 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

Alright I’ll consider a bigger hard drive also for the os I’m going to install windows that’s free right and then a key is like 10-15 bucks right? That’s all I know from what I’ve seen.

you can install windows without license and it will work very well, for years in fact, but will have a nice watermark in the screen telling you to buy the license

yes, there are deals on cheap licenses, just remember to install the same version of the license you plan to buy

for example, if you install windows home on that pc and then you buy windows pro, you will need to reinstall windows pro on the pc so you can use that version, so plan ahead

10 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Err, my uptime is generally measured in months.  Even with everything in the system tweaked and OC'd a bit.

I have a laptop using a NVMe SSD, its not considerably faster.  Though my desktop does have 32gb of RAM.

But SSD's ARE considerably faster than HDD's. If your system is able to cache everything into RAM after the first load, then yes everything will seem quick regardless of your drive speed because it is reading from RAM, not your HDD.

I have a 1tb HDD and a 240gb SSD. A few of my Oculus games literally took 3-4 minutes to load from the HDD (robo recall for instance). I reinstalled the games onto my SSD and they now load within 20-30 seconds.